any pics of leveled truck w/ stock wheels/tires??

Looking for some pics of 14+ truck leveled but still rocking the stock 20"s 275/55/20

Reason being is I will be getting the bilstein adjustable 5100 shocks and plan on running 275/65/20's w/ them either BF goodrich KO2 or Terra Grapplers G2 on the stock AT 20"s - HOWEVER I have a set of 275/55/20 michelin snows on aftermarket black 20" wheels that I will run in the winter.

I am curious how the truck will look/ride running the 5100's up front @ full height, but with the shorter "stock" wheel/tire setup.

If it just shows a bit more wheel well space and is not "ugly" I'd do it rather than dropping the fronts back down to stock height since the added ground clearance is good in winter obviously.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stock size wheels and tires but 18's and not 20's.

ceAAibP.jpg

As soon as I lifted the truck I started looking at tires. So weird and small looking.

I hear ya, actually doesn't look all that bad...what looks REALLY funny is a few gen's ago the F350's that had 18" wheels and mini tires but they're so jacked up and huge from the factory it just looked bizarre like something was wrong.

I can live w/ that look for sure vs. dropping the shocks back down.

Just ordered my 2" level kit today. Question... i understand that i will have to get an alignment done after install, but can i just do a front end alignment? Or will this throw it off enough to have to have a 4 wheel done? My local dealer is offering a front end align special for $40. But a 4 wheel is like $100

Just ordered my 2" level kit today. Question... i understand that i will have to get an alignment done after install, but can i just do a front end alignment? Or will this throw it off enough to have to have a 4 wheel done? My local dealer is offering a front end align special for $40. But a 4 wheel is like $100

How do you even get a 4 wheel alignment on a solid rear axle truck?

How do you even get a 4 wheel alignment on a solid rear axle truck?

Good question. Thats kind of what was alluding to... The dealership certainly offered me both. Not sure if this is a tactic to get more $ tho

Just read this on another forum:

On a solid rear axle vehicle, this requires a thrust angle alignment that allows the technician to confirm that all four wheels are "square" with each other. Thrust angle alignments also identify vehicles that would "dog track" going down the road with the rear end offset from the front. If the thrust angle isn't zero on many solid rear axle vehicles, a trip to a frame straightening shop is required to return the rear axle to its original location.

Archived