any pics of leveled truck w/ stock wheels/tires??

Just curious what pressure you're running in your ATP E rated tires? When I had mine installed, they put them at like 60. I lowered it to 50 right away, and now I am down to 42 after doing all the calculations. 60 was harsh, but 42 rides just like the P rated ATP in my opinion.

34 psi.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Load Rating calculations to get as close to factory load ratings as you can.

This is off the top of my head, but I think it was:

Standard Load rating on the stock 265/65/18 Tire was 2469.

Minus 10% (I forget where this number came from) has the target load rating then at 2172.

So then, you look at your E rated tire and size, and look at the PSI to try to match it as close as you can to the correct load rating psi.

So, my chart was below:

40psi = 2035 LT Load Rating

45psi = 2285 LT Load Rating

50psi = 2535 LT Load Rating

With that said, 2172 is between 40 and 45 PSI, so I went middle of the road with 43/42 PSI in my E rated tires.

There is a chart somewhere on here that someone linked me to, I'll find it.

https://toyotires2-1524598101.netdna-ssl.com/assets/lib:toyo%20content/Application_of_Load_Inflation_Tables_20150623_Final.pdf

Quote from another member: Look at pages 5 and 11, that will answer your questions of going from a P to an LT. It will also give you conversions for going to a bigger tire than OEM and what psi to run at.

Looking at the numbers if I replaced my OEM P265/65 18 tires with a set of LT 275/65 18 tires I would have to inflate them to 43 psi to carry the same load. The OEM tires at 35 psi have a load weight of 2469 but you divide that by 1.10 which gives the load weight to be 2245 lbs. The LT 275-65-18 tires have a load weight of 2130 lbs at 40 psi and 2310 lbs at 45 psi. The weight I need falls in the middle of that so you divide the difference by 5 (2310-2130 = 180 / 5 = 36. That would put 43 psi at a weight handling capacity of 2238 which is pretty close to the required 2245 lbs from GM.

If stock tires it's going to look weird. That's why I started this thread, the stock tires w/ 275/55/20 on trucks already w/ such a wide open wheel well I was hesitant on doing a level w/o going up to at least 275/60 or 275/65.....other brands like ram come stock w/ 275/60 - I think w/ 275/55 2-2.5" level/lift is most I would do without upgrading to a 33"+ tire.

Look at all these pics and imagine another 1.5-2" of "dead space" between the fender well and the tire

Shoot I can't afford the upgrade of tires also right now just the lift so thats why I was looking. Plus Im thinking ill just run these tires down that came with it first then get different ones. Does it really look that bad with just a lift and no tire upgrade??

Shoot I can't afford the upgrade of tires also right now just the lift so thats why I was looking. Plus Im thinking ill just run these tires down that came with it first then get different ones. Does it really look that bad with just a lift and no tire upgrade??

2-2.5" I don't think so, 4" yes.

• 7 months later...

That's exactly what I was thinking.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived