• 1 month later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chris, Since you are enjoying the P229, save up a couple dollars for a P320. I bought one when they were first released and it's been great. I don't like to get my $800 P229/226's scratched and marked up, the P320 was $425 and I can care less what it looks like, just like my Glocks. Great striker fired pistol and the trigger is by far the best striker fired trigger I've used. The Compact model is very close to Glock 19 sized and is easy to carry and throw into a glove box with no worries of getting scratched.....Do yourself a favor and pick one up, you'll love it. Not sure how much they go for regular price BUT you should be able to get the LEO discount with your military credentials.

Chris, Since you are enjoying the P229, save up a couple dollars for a P320. I bought one when they were first released and it's been great. I don't like to get my $800 P229/226's scratched and marked up, the P320 was $425 and I can care less what it looks like, just like my Glocks. Great striker fired pistol and the trigger is by far the best striker fired trigger I've used. The Compact model is very close to Glock 19 sized and is easy to carry and throw into a glove box with no worries of getting scratched.....Do yourself a favor and pick one up, you'll love it. Not sure how much they go for regular price BUT you should be able to get the LEO discount with your military credentials.

I wouldnt know how to do that? Is it DA/SA. I really like the SA pull on the 229, but i want something with around a 3-3.5" barrel. Doesnt look like it is CA Compliant, so may have to get a 239

Not too horrible of a price, just too light of a projectile for my liking. I need to start keeping up with ammo prices again. Been a few years since I've bought factory ammo. If you find any HSTs at for a good price let me know probably get around 500 in 9mm plus other calibers.

Not too horrible of a price, just too light of a projectile for my liking. I need to start keeping up with ammo prices again. Been a few years since I've bought factory ammo. If you find any HSTs at for a good price let me know probably get around 500 in 9mm plus other calibers.

I order from bulkammo.com and laxammo.com

These are just range ammo. In the house i have 147 gr PDX-1's

I order from bulkammo.com and laxammo.com

These are just range ammo. In the house i have 147 gr PDX-1's

Thanks for the suggestions sadly bulkammo.com is too expensive, at least for HSTs and 223 anyway.

Thanks for the suggestions sadly bulkammo.com is too expensive, at least for HSTs and 223 anyway.

Last 223 i got from them was PMC and 1000 rds

Yep that's usually one of the cheaper options. 1k from bulkammo is $331.40 shipped while Palmetto state armory has it for $322 shipped. Those prices are close enough but bulk wants $40+ for a 50rnd box of 9mm HSTs and other places are $25-$30 which is a pretty significant difference. Another site has wolf gold for $324 shipped. I miss cheap ammo.

Yep that's usually one of the cheaper options. 1k from bulkammo is $331.40 shipped while Palmetto state armory has it for $322 shipped. Those prices are close enough but bulk wants $40+ for a 50rnd box of 9mm HSTs and other places are $25-$30 which is a pretty significant difference. Another site has wolf gold for $324 shipped. I miss cheap ammo.

Havent used bulk ammo in a while. Last time i did it was a large order of 1k in 223 and 1k in .45. Lately it has been LAX Ammo.

I wouldnt know how to do that? Is it DA/SA. I really like the SA pull on the 229, but i want something with around a 3-3.5" barrel. Doesnt look like it is CA Compliant, so may have to get a 239

I totally forgot about the California nonsense. I am pretty sure they will have a "compliant" model available with the loaded chamber indicator, magazine disconnect, and whatever other nonsense you guys have to deal with out there. Either way, you can purchase another Sig for a few hundred less than you paid for the one you currently have.

To get the discount, you would have to locate a Sig dealer that participates in the LEO program, it includes military. It's a really nice discount, similar to the Glock program. Both of my P229's only cost $814 with night sights and 3 magazines and E2 grips.

http://www.sigsauer.com/LawEnforcement/Le-Mil-Individual-Officer-Program.aspx

...............definitely worth looking into if you are interested in another Sig and don't want to pay crazy money.

Well I wish I knew about the individual officer program when I bought the 229. Because I have a VA card that says "Service Connected" I qualify

Put 250 through it yesterday, my MAN CAN came in today. 1500 rds loose in an MTM Case-Gard .50 cal box.

Watch the screws on the Alien Gear, they'll come loose with time. Also consider J-clips. Occasionally those plastic belt clips come off the belt enough to cause a problem on the draw. It's a good holster, not a great holster, but the price is right.

Watch the screws on the Alien Gear, they'll come loose with time. Also consider J-clips. Occasionally those plastic belt clips come off the belt enough to cause a problem on the draw. It's a good holster, not a great holster, but the price is right.

Havent started wearing it yet. Still waiting for that magical call fromntge Sheriff saying my liceses came in

Archived