Well looks like after talking to a LEO buddy of mine I have a line on a new M11-A1 at a stupid price I cant pass up, suggested MSRP is $1100, retail is around $1k and he hooked me up with one for $725. Looks like I may be picking up a new gun in the coming weeks.

I am curious if the stock M11 grip says P228 on it still.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Jeb Bush is a Sig owner-operator.

On the news they showed a used P220 45 acp he got as a gift. Looks like he's either a lefty or it's a ambidextrous model. Novak sights. Looks like an early model SAO (note the rear frame mounted safety).

image_zpsko9bu6fk.jpeg

That's an FN, or was there a Sig not shown in this pc?

Looks like Jeb Bush is a Sig owner-operator.

On the news they showed a used P220 45 acp he got as a gift. Looks like he's either a lefty or it's a ambidextrous model. Novak sights. Looks like an early model SAO (note the rear frame mounted safety).

image_zpsko9bu6fk.jpeg

He's definitely not an "operator" that's for darn sure. The man has been a politician his entire life and I am not sure if he served in the military either.

EDIT : Must be nice to have expensive firearms gifted to you. He'll most likely never fire the thing!

That pistol is made by FNH, never heard of "FNX".

Sent from my iPhone6

via TapaTalk

Justin,

With all due respect, you have repeated your thoughts that I don't seem familiar with firearms without any knowledge of me or my experience with guns.

Regarding this manufacturer of the gun shown in the picture, it is you that doesn't seem familiar. The manufacturer is Fabrique Nationale (FN). The people familiar with this make know them simply as "FN". The "H" comes from their location in the city of Herstal. Their other plant was in Liege. They have a long history of producing both fine sporting firearms, and war weapons.

In the U.S., to people that have been around the gun industry, they are most famously known for manufacturing both handguns and semi automatic, over/under and side by side shotguns for Browning, with the earliest models since the 1899, that being the 1900 model pistol. They were also a huge war arms manufacturer, both in terms of output and physical plant size. During WW2, the Germans occupied Belgium and forced FN to produce weapons for Germany. I've owned a number of Browning, FN produced, shotguns and handguns. If you are not familiar, John Browning was a prolific designer of all types of firearms mechanisms, of which many modern designs simply modified shapes and sizes for their uses. The famed Browning Hi-Power was designed by John Browning and manufactured by FN from the start. The 1911 was also his design. The first semi auto and over/under shotguns were designed by JB and produced by FN.

That gun in the picture is simply a derivative of the Browning short recoil cam locked breach, as are nearly all semi auto, recoil operated systems, in pistols today. In fact, it is a close relative of the HiPower. FNX is a model produced by Fabrique Nationale.

I don't know a lot of the newer current production models, but I am familiar with and have owned or gunsmithed more firearms than I have days hunting in the field (and that bothers me). I have never had much interest in modern "black guns", but have a fascination with the 1911 going back 40 years and have smithed many of them for customers with modifications. My particular interest today is with side by side collectible shotguns. Most of the are vintage guns, but some are modern production.

I had a FFL manufacturing license for years and currently have a C&R FFL.

I have rebarreled double barreled shotguns, made more parts from scratch for guns than I can recall. I restocked my first rifle at 16, in 1972. So, I might be somewhat familiar with guns. But certainly not all.

I think he got that so he can re-assemble his Sig :jester:

No. It looked good and was cheap. I use an old towl for cleaning. I had to make a $25 purchase on amazon for my ammo boxes

I think he got that so he can re-assemble his Sig :jester:

I think he bought it just in case he ever thinks about disassembling it, he'll see all the parts and just go have a beer and boss around some moderators instead.

I think he bought it just in case he ever thinks about disassembling it, he'll see all the parts and just go have a beer and boss around some moderators instead.

You havent seen bossing around yet. I have to keep spreadsheets

Archived