What you say, jack?

Ok my wife is wanting me to tell her what to get me for xmas, and i really want exhaust, however, one thing im lacking in the toolbox is a good jack. Ive always had small import cars until now, and never needed a heavier duty jack. What do you guys recommend for my crew cab, that is strong enough, lifts high enough (33"s + 2" level) and still gets low enough to get under the wifes acura TL? Not plan on doing anything major with it. Just oil changes, brake pads, and tire rotates... etc

Btw, this will live in the garage (not to be carried in truck for factory replacement)

Info, links, and costs would be appreciated!

Harbor freight has some good jacks at good prices. I had to buy a low profile to fit under my car. Works on the truck so I don't have to pull out my 3 or 4 ton floor jacks

628905d273b468f0df46391a601349e6.jpg

Ryan

Harbor freight has some good jacks at good prices. I had to buy a low profile to fit under my car. Works on the truck so I don't have to pull out my 3 or 4 ton floor jacks628905d273b468f0df46391a601349e6.jpg

Ryan

Thanks Ryan! I certainly like the price. Ive never heard great things about the majority of harbor freight tools... would you say this is an exception? I always use jack stands, so i wouldnt rely on it alone with my life, but as long as it goes up and down without spewing oil it would probably serve my purposes i suppose

I have used this jack plenty of times with no issues. Used it this past weekend on rotating my wifes van tires. These are decent jacks. A ton of people on a camaro forum I belong to use them and swear by them mainly was the reason why I bought one in Dec 2013. I have had more issues wih a craftsman jack that I have long gotten rid of.

I have used this jack plenty of times with no issues. Used it this past weekend on rotating my wifes van tires. These are decent jacks. A ton of people on a camaro forum I belong to use them and swear by them mainly was the reason why I bought one in Dec 2013. I have had more issues wih a craftsman jack that I have long gotten rid of.

Me too...replaced a Craftsman jack with this one...

The harbor freight 4 ton we've had for a few years now has worked just fine on my '73,'06 2500hd, and I'm pretty sure we've lifted the fatty '09 dually with it as well. Another plus is it's still light enough that I can put it in the bed and go change the tire on my buddy's impala patrol car. Lifted that thing up like nothing lol

^Start them young. I had an AC-Delco jack that crapped out on me and I replaced it with a 3 ton Harbor Freight. No issues so far. I like that it had a "U-joint" mechanism instead of the gear with teeth as that seemed to possibly be an issue with the AC-Delco.

OTC Stinger 2.5T jack w/ two pairs of 3T stands. Same quality as the OTC blue but with a little better price point and 2 year warranty. LIkely overkill for the typical gearhead, but I'd rather spend more money upfront and know my tools will perform during my lifetime and then some. Should be able to source through Grainger, Napa or your popular auto parts retaliers.

https://www.otctools.com/search?search_api_views_fulltext=stinger

I use a jack that I got from Costco. Its a Arcan XL35R. I used it on my lowered GTO and works great on the truck.

same here, got the jack from Costco and use it both on the truck and the 'vette - if it goes bad, it's easy to exchange locally and Costco has a very good return policy

Archived