Leather wrapped shifter swap?

I was assuming so but I don't really know for sure. I need to confirm before I order because I have the 8 speed. Great question!

I can't imagine what's different, but don't know for sure. I would order the shift lever from a 2016 Escalade or Denali that has the 8 speed to be sure. Remember, the part number in this thread was one that was confirmed as used in a 2014 / 2015 6 speed. Would think that the tow - haul mode and manual + - would work the same and number of gears would be a function of the ECM / BCM.

• Like 2

By the way, GM Parts Direct shows my part number as a 2015 Escalade and other sites show it as 2014-2015 Silverado. My eBay seller shows out of stock...Here's the link to GMParts Direct..

http://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oe-gm/22857352?origin=pla&gclid=CKOSzuTS88kCFYGCaQodtA4DCg

Just installed mine this morning. Pretty easy swap. I had an incident ordering mine. I got an e-mail from the vendor telling me if I did not give them a VIN number for my parts order they were going to cancel the order! I wrote them a nasty e-mail back and they did honor the order but claimed they would not accept the part back for returns! Last time ordering from them!

Just installed mine this morning. Pretty easy swap. I had an incident ordering mine. I got an e-mail from the vendor telling me if I did not give them a VIN number for my parts order they were going to cancel the order! I wrote them a nasty e-mail back and they did honor the order but claimed they would not accept the part back for returns! Last time ordering from them!

Easy, yes, once you get the right part and get the cover off without breaking it...lol...glad it worked for you.

I've been hearing the VIN story a lot lately, but haven't experienced it from my eBay sellers yet. I think this is the new GM speaking through the dealers. I heard the same thing when someone was trying to buy a High Country grill for their LTZ. And it seems they changed the part number again for the HC grill.

Edited by chuckl1218

The biggest issue I found was not knowing what you can tug on and have come apart vs breaking something! :ughdance: I had been into the column before to change the steering wheel to a heated one.

Agree. I was very careful, but was afraid I was going to break it...

By the way, GM Parts Direct shows my part number as a 2015 Escalade and other sites show it as 2014-2015 Silverado. My eBay seller shows out of stock...Here's the link to GMParts Direct..

http://www.gmpartsdirect.co/oe-gm/22857352?origin=pla&gclid=CKOSzuTS88kCFYGCaQodtA4DCg

Did you get it from them directly? What vin number did you provide to get your part? My truck is 2014 sierra 5.3L with 6 speed

Did you get it from them directly? What vin number did you provide to get your part? My truck is 2014 sierra 5.3L with 6 speed

No, I got mine off eBay...see post #11...they are showing out of stock. I didn't need a VIN...another forum member posted the part number they used from a 2014 Escalade, although some sites say that this part number fits a 2014 or 2015. It is GM part number 22857352; I got it from a GM dealer in Iowa who sells on eBay.

Edited by chuckl1218