5.3 performance mods

Just wanted to leave some feedback in case anyone is interested. I have a new 2015 Gmc 1500 5.3 all terrain Great truck but should have bought the 6.2 but I got a Killer deal on it. Factory tune sucks big time so I did an intune i2 Diablo tune with K&n cold air kit. This truck drives so much better , I would definitely recommend these mods if you are looking for a little more power and a lot better driveability. I have magnaflow cat back coming this week and a diablew tune once I get a few miles on it . I'll report back

Also the K&n cold air kit has a quiet stock like sound cruising until you go wot and it sounds amazing .

I've got a 2014 Silverado LTZ with no warranty so I'm all about modding...This seems like a great start.

On the diablo website after I put in my vehicle it loaded up at a price of $399...sound about right? Will it come pre installed with the setting for my vehicle?

Also, let me know how you feel about the exhaust. How much did it set you back? I owned a magnaflow previously and I loved it but not sure what to put on my truck. I like magnaflow because its not too loud...I don't want anything ridiculous and setting off alarms....something just so you know I'm there and hear me when I step on it...That's why I'm leaning Magnaflow...

Cheers!

Every time I read about a tune it makes me want to get one more, but I'm not sure if I want to void my warranty yet.

Got to pay to play.

I've got a 2014 Silverado LTZ with no warranty so I'm all about modding...This seems like a great start.

On the diablo website after I put in my vehicle it loaded up at a price of $399...sound about right? Will it come pre installed with the setting for my vehicle?

Also, let me know how you feel about the exhaust. How much did it set you back? I owned a magnaflow previously and I loved it but not sure what to put on my truck. I like magnaflow because its not too loud...I don't want anything ridiculous and setting off alarms....something just so you know I'm there and hear me when I step on it...That's why I'm leaning Magnaflow...

Cheers!

Your best bet is purchasing a Diablo tuner either second hand on a forum or online with a discount code. Should be able to get at least 20% off at autoanything or carid.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Update , I installed a dynomax ultra flow cat back #39529 and it sounds great outside the truck but too loud inside and has a drone so I already removed it . I received my first tune from diablew and so far I'm impressed with the way it drives over the canned tunes. I need some more miles before doing my wot data logs.

BTW amazing service from lew I sent my logs Thursday night and received my tune about 8 am on Friday .

Update:

I bought the Hypertech because diablo doesn't make a CA friendly version. I am happy with it Set V4 to only be on at 70+mph. Fixed my speedo issue and tuned to regular. I'm going to do the Premium tune on the next fillup.

I bought the Magnaflow full exhaust system part number #15268. I just got it on today. I love it!! It sounds great. Very easy to install and great quality.

Put on new drive shaft and it fixed my vibrating problem I was having.

Ordered Volant CAI. I was going to go with the Air Jr or just the tube but for 50 bucks more I would rather have the entire assembly. I can't pay just 150$ for a damn tube. So I went with the entire Volant CAI and got it for 230 on Jet. Comes in next week...

Anyways that's the max for my mods....might do headers one day but that's all my budget can handle right now.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered my Hypertech 2.0 for my 2015 5.3. How is it, are you running 87 or 91. I also have the Magnaflow and a drop n K$N.

Hypertech is ok so far. It has some great features right away. I had a speedo problem I was able to fix by adjusting tire size. I also set my AFM to only come on above 70 MPH. I really like that. I only want it on when I'm cruising on the freeway. I don't want to turn it off. That defeats the purpose. I only did the regular tune. I didn't notice a major change but it deal feel a bit better. I am filling up with premium tomorrow to test out the premium tune. I am hoping for better results.

A tune will net the most power as far as "bolt ons" go.

The stock intake tube does the job pretty well, the only thing you'll notice with aftermarket intake tubes is noise. And exhaust is more or less just a noise additive too, won't really net much power.

But if you are gonna tune, might as well throw on an intake and an exhaust and make that thing purrrrr.

Cheers!

How do you not have a warranty? Are you over 100k miles?

Salvage Title not purchased from dealer...I only have 7k miles...

Ahh where you bought it doesnt matter but that salvage title def does, go to town haha

Ok, I already filled up with 91, gonna try that first. Did you adjust your shift points or tranny pressure?

I did the Premium last night. Once again I don't feel like I noticed any major changes. I have not changed any shift points or tranny pressure. I feel like that's out of my league. Let me know if you start to play with it. Let me know what you think of the Premium tune...

Archived