Android Auto Update Arrives

Well geez I couldn't get the txting to work but maybe didn't mess with it enough.

I've used it on AA more honestly, but should work like it does with your phone on its own when you hit the Google mic.

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

JUST BUY AN iPHONE LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD!!![emoji14]

Sorry had to troll a bit on this one since I hate Android.

CarPlay works like a dream in my truck :D

Android still has the larger market share. I've played with both and carplay locked up my system multiple times. Haven't had that issue with AA.

Android still has the larger market share. I've played with both and carplay locked up my system multiple times. Haven't had that issue with AA.

I LOVE how this is ended with "Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+" LMAO :P (ya I know it was sent using your phone)

iPhone is ONE phone ... Android is like a Hundred .... And for them to only have a few % points above 50% of the market share means overall they lose. iPhone as much as Android don't want to admit it is the #1 phone int he world.

And I have yet to lockup my CarPlay on my 2016 ... But I did have one issue one time with Siri not communicating right but I think it may have been a signal issue.

But hey it's nice GM gave these options

BUT they are ALL $#!t until they have a wireless option ... cause the new MyLink in my 16' is SO damn good all the way around for stereo functions, bluetooth, phone and Nav that really I tend to never plug in my phone for CarPlay at all.

But that being said if they get the wireless option activated somehow then I will run CarPlay 100% of the time.

It's only good now for long trips ... but in and out of the truck from here to there the phone never gets plugged in.

I have about had it with my local dealer.. They call me last week to come in and get the Android Auto update. I made my appointment for this morning. Took them 2 hours.. (no big deal). Then when I come to pick the truck up the service manager smiles and says your all setup. I asked him do I have to do anything? He says no its all updated.. So...ummmmm. OK.. I get home and nothing. I see the android auto in my settings, I down loaded the App. , but still nothing. These $##%#$%$ holes dont know %#$%#$ at my dealership and just loaded some update and pushed me out the door. Now I dont know how to get this thing to work..

Anyone have or know step by step what I need to do to get this to work?

I have a S7 Galaxy

I do have the Android Auto installed in my truck

and I did down load the Android Auto APP

Anyone have or know step by step what I need to do to get this to work?

I have a S7 Galaxy

The Galaxy S7 doesn't work with Android Auto, you'll have to wait for Samsung to fix it.

The Galaxy S7 doesn't work with Android Auto, you'll have to wait for Samsung to fix it.

Check the settings and make sure it's not set to charge only when connected to your car. I can test on my wife's tonight.

I unlocked my phone and shut off moto voice, but still can't get the phone to come on with a long press. If I switch the radio to media it works just like using the mic button on Google. I didn't have a pop-up asking for an app to use since my phone doesn't wakeup.

My phone doesn't have marshmellow the latest Android update since Motorola and Verizon decided not to update it in the US. Don't know if this is part of the issue or not.

I will keep trying since this is driving me crazy so if anyone with a Motorola phone has it working in 2015 I would like to know some of your phone settings.

I unlocked my phone and shut off moto voice, but still can't get the phone to come on with a long press. If I switch the radio to media it works just like using the mic button on Google. I didn't have a pop-up asking for an app to use since my phone doesn't wakeup.

My phone doesn't have marshmellow the latest Android update since Motorola and Verizon decided not to update it in the US. Don't know if this is part of the issue or not.

I will keep trying since this is driving me crazy so if anyone with a Motorola phone has it working in 2015 I would like to know some of your phone settings.

Which Moto do you have? I might be able to test...

The S7 does work... You have to go into the developer mode and change one thing.

That's good to know, I saw a few articles last week about the S7 not working. Guess I should have checked before posting...

Another thing I found is that plugging my phone in before starting the truck works a lot better. If I plug in after starting the truck the phone will sometimes struggle to connect.

So far I've had 99% trouble free operation with my Nexus 5.

I have a GS6 ... I really don't understand why others are having problems ... it shouldn't matter if your Android or apple , all long pressing does is access your phones voice recognition ....

do you guys have your mylink Bluetooth set for audio and media ?