Android Auto Update Arrives

Also my s6 has smart lock , im sure it's a Google thing , but it unlocks you phone when it detects mylink so you don't have to unlock your phone when driving ....

Go to smart lock in settings and add trusted device ( mylink ) , you will have to be in truck to add it

JUST BUY AN iPHONE LIKE THE REST OF THE WORLD!!! :P

Sorry had to troll a bit on this one since I hate Android.

CarPlay works like a dream in my truck :D

O God, here comes and apple guy to save us all .... lol

I guess Ill go troll on a apple thread and talk about features they just got that android has had for years , or watch them hope they finally get wireless chargeing with the 7 ... lol

Just picking at you

I get bored easily and apples control over what you can do irritates me .... with android you have complete control ... I can do whatever I want from launchers to apps , it's all mine

And Android has 75% of world market , Apple is 15% , so the rest of the world is android ...lol

Edited by Rayce08

That's good to know, I saw a few articles last week about the S7 not working. Guess I should have checked before posting...

Another thing I found is that plugging my phone in before starting the truck works a lot better. If I plug in after starting the truck the phone will sometimes struggle to connect.

So far I've had 99% trouble free operation with my Nexus 5.

Your still right in a way though, In order to get the S7 to work you have to access the developer mode and go to the USB setting that sets it to only charge. Then select MTP (media transfer protocol). Then sucky thing is that you have to do this everytime before you hook up. So it works but it kinda sucks you have to do this everytime you hook up to android auto. For some reason once you unhook your S7 it will go back to original setting.

Your still right in a way though, In order to get the S7 to work you have to access the developer mode and go to the USB setting that sets it to only charge. Then select MTP (media transfer protocol). Then sucky thing is that you have to do this everytime before you hook up. So it works but it kinda sucks you have to do this everytime you hook up to android auto. For some reason once you unhook your S7 it will go back to original setting.

I need to grab my wife's phone tonight but usually you can pick that option by pulling down notifications once you plug your phone in, is that not the case on the S7?

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

I need to grab my wife's phone tonight but usually you can pick that option by pulling down notifications once you plug your phone in, is that not the case on the S7?

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

Yes it is but it really would be nice to set it as the default option every time you plug it in so you don't have to open it back up every single time to take it from charge only to MTP, Google dropped the ball big time on that one in my opinion.

Yes it is but it really would be nice to set it as the default option every time you plug it in so you don't have to open it back up every single time to take it from charge only to MTP, Google dropped the ball big time on that one in my opinion.

Is it a Google problem or is it only the s7 ..... Samsung like everyone else puts there crap over android , there's a few phones that run pure android

Is it a Google problem or is it only the s7 ..... Samsung like everyone else puts there crap over android , there's a few phones that run pure android

I guess it could be S7 only as I don't have any other phone to test it out on, but just seems ridiculous to me that you have to reopen up the phone every time to set that, yeah I see it under developer options but my S7 doesn't allow you to switch it you select it but it stays on usb charging, I gave up on it for now and will have to live with opening up my phone to select MTP.

O God, here comes and apple guy to save us all .... lol

I guess Ill go troll on a apple thread and talk about features they just got that android has had for years , or watch them hope they finally get wireless chargeing with the 7 ... lol

Just picking at you

I get bored easily and apples control over what you can do irritates me .... with android you have complete control ... I can do whatever I want from launchers to apps , it's all mine

And Android has 75% of world market , Apple is 15% , so the rest of the world is android ...lol

LOL .... It's so easy to get Android guys all riled up! :rollin:

Well after doing a lot of reading and changing settings I have gotten it to work sometimes. Main thing I did was shut off moto voice. When I got in the truck this morning to go to work the DIC had a message about settings to send and receive text messages. I was able to send a couple texts using the long press on the steering wheel. When my wife sent me one my phone locked up waiting for me to send a reply. I will have to look at it some more when I get a chance.

One other thing I found out was OK Google won't work on the phone, but does in the truck. This is an issue with Google update 5.1 and on most phones. Google hasn't fixed the issue yet.

Hope this helps anyone else with issues.

Got the update done for aa and works slick as shit. Flawless from intellink and back to aa. As for apple who cares go to your itunes and be hancuffed as to what you can do its your lady phone not ours :lol:

I have to do this with my S6 edge now after the 6.0 update. Annoying.

LOL .... It's so easy to get Android guys all riled up! :rollin:

I don't think Android vs iOS is what gets people in this thread riled up, this is not much different than you picking a thread on a Ford forum and telling them the solution to their problem is buying a Chevy. It doesn't help anyone in the thread and is a bit of an insult to their intelligence. Go give it a try and let us know how it works out...we'll wait...