Android Auto Update Arrives

Fear not, Android fans, General Motors has you covered finally. As promised, Chevrolet, Cadillac, GMC and Buick have all announced the Android Auto update is now ready to go for vehicles equipped with the eight-inch MyLink/IntelliLink/CUE systems.

The update may only be performed by your local Chevy, Cadillac, Buick or GMC dealer at no cost to the owner, but the software must updated to Android Lollipop (5.0) or later.

Every vehicle within each brand’s portfolio is eligible for the update, and inbound releases, such as the 2017 Cadillac XT5 and 2016 Cadillac CT6 will arrive with the update installed. One sour spot, however: the 2016 Cadillac SRX will not be eligible for the Android Auto update, as the crossover is phased out in time for the XT5 to take its place.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2016/03/android-auto-update-arrives-for-chevrolet-cadillac-gmc-and-buick-vehicles/

Edited by salem185
  • Like 2

I am curious about this too...

What is the process, call the dealer and schedule an appointment? If its just a stupid USB stick would appreciate if someone can snag one and upload the image off it we so can just make our own update sticks.

• Like 2

I am curious about this too...

What is the process, call the dealer and schedule an appointment? If its just a stupid USB stick would appreciate if someone can snag one and upload the image off it we so can just make our own update sticks.

I don't see why they can't just push it through onstar 4g?

• Like 1

It will more than likely be a in dealership update, GM told me they have no intentions of offering user serviceable updates as of now.

Just called my local dealer and they had no clue about it, nor did they seem to care much.

If anyone comes across a bulletin number or anything that could help the clueless dealer please share!

Just called my local dealer and they had no clue about it, nor did they seem to care much.

If anyone comes across a bulletin number or anything that could help the clueless dealer please share!

I'm sitting at my dealership right now, and the service manager just got notification that they can do this. Sounds like they're just now finding out.
  • Like 1

#16-NA-042: Infotainment System Upgrade for Android Auto Feature - (Mar 2, 2016)
Subject: Infotainment System Upgrade for Android Auto Feature

Edited by tbarn
  • Like 2