Android Auto Update Arrives

Looks like the Nav thinks it went 'home' to the GM tech centre.

Top RH corner is showing it's not getting a gps signal. (red line thru 'gps' lettering)

Maybe disconnect battery or pull fuse to force it to reboot.

I just pulled the fuse twice and it did nothing.....How can they mess up a usb update ??? I'm kind of pissed

I thought my AA was flawless until today. I unplugged my phone, shut off truck and when I returned started driving and then plugged in my phone. I got a message that I had to stop and apply the emergency brake for AA to open, WTF? So I pulled over, appllied the Em. brake and it did come back on. Must have been an attorney involved!

This is the thing I hate about my wife's Lexus RX...it blocks most functions when driving. You can use voice commands but they work so poorly I seldom do.

Edited by Ron.s

Talked to the service manager by the dealer by me. After he put me on hold, "yea we don't know anything about that, you can try back next month". Me, "Ok but you should have the bulletin from the start of the month, you are aware any vehicle delivered to customers on March 2 or after should have this update applied if not done so already from dealer stock. There's no communication going out to new owners, GM expects their customer base to get this with their car if they purchase in March or later. How do you guys not have the update?" Manager, "Yea I don't anything about that, sounds like GM's problem and not a dealer problem. You can try back next month."

Gotta love it, once they sell you the car they don't give two shits.

GM Customer Care told me yesterday that they will be sending letters that have a coupon for the update starting March 7th for the people that took delivery before March 2nd.

I did find a dealer that said they would do the update but that I must have the coupon or I would have to pay $100 for labor.

The coupon is Intended to space out the update so the dealer isn't overwhelmed with requests. I didn't have one and my dealer accommodated me. That said, don't be in a rush because the dealer may need some practice and time is your friend as far as finding bugs...

GM Customer Care told me yesterday that they will be sending letters that have a coupon for the update starting March 7th for the people that took delivery before March 2nd.

I did find a dealer that said they would do the update but that I must have the coupon or I would have to pay $100 for labor.

that is complete BS, Gm has already said any 2016 truck will get this update at no cost.

I just got my truck back from tinting and had requested them to install AA if they had it. Yesterday before picking up the truck I called and they said they were finishing up installing the software! I was stoked! I bought the truck about 2 weeks ago and called them a week ago and they had no clue of the update but and am happy that AA is on installed. I barely used Google Maps but so far I like it. I'll have to look more into the feature, though I really wish Waze would work with AA. It is a Google company now.

But kuddos to Ron Tonkin Chevrolet for making it happen. Awesome!

Update: They said this is a "recall" service update so it was free.

Edited by cs2016lt

There is nowhere in any literature that says you have to use the glovebox usb port - there is also nowhere that states the console/armrest usb's have "intermittent success".

I tried mine after having it updated with Android Auto last night, both the glove box (white USB) and the armrest USB works.

Edited by cs2016lt

The dealer tried to do mine yesterday before I took delivery, they couldn't get it to work via the website and they had not got their CD yet so I have to come back in and have mine done.

Maybe I can help. To program your truck, a USB drive is used. GM does not send the dealer a USB drive. A tech connects an MDI to your truck, start up a computer and connects to your truck. Then via service programming, downloads the software to a USB drive located on the computer from either files located on the computer, from GM's server (internet ,,,,,very slow) or an in house server. The in house server system is just rolling out so not a lot of dealers are set up. Then takes the USB drive to the truck to load the software. If the files come from the computer then they were put there from a DVD sent to the dealer by GM. Its called the Techline cache if it matters. My computers have 11 dvd's worth of techline software. Just got the one with AA yesterday (mar. 8).

• Like 1

Just took delivery of my 2016 and the dealership told me it is not available yet, to check back around summertime I told him the guy going over my delivery that it is already out just download it from the system and he said to give them at least 1 month. Whatever I am not going to push the fact as I had a screaming 2 year old in the back seat. Looks like I have to go back in for it.