Android Auto Update Arrives

Make sure you guys have the " ok google " set up correctly , you have to say ok google 3 times to recognize your voice and then set the other settings . I have mine to open when I say it even from lock screen . But you do have to turn it on , I had to turn my wife's on , she thought she didn't have it .

All I know is mine just works ... works perfect and I have marshmallow 6.1 on a galaxy s6 64GB ... long press and I can do what I want .... my guess for you guys having problems is check your Google setting and Bluetooth , because essentially it's just using your Bluetooth to put Google over your speakers.

This is why wireless AA and apple carplay would be better , no plugging in , I hope this comes out soon , it's the one reason why I haven't spent the money with MVI and upgraded my 15' .... I hate cords ... I have even done the wireless charger mod and love it , of course you apple guys wouldn't know anything about that .. LOL

Edited by Rayce08

I don't think Android vs iOS is what gets people in this thread riled up, this is not much different than you picking a thread on a Ford forum and telling them the solution to their problem is buying a Chevy. It doesn't help anyone in the thread and is a bit of an insult to their intelligence. Go give it a try and let us know how it works out...we'll wait...

Buying a entirely new vehicle is a big difference so that analogy makes no sense ... And if joking around saying "buy an iPhone" over an android insults anyone's intelligence they have far more issues going on then their phone choice!

Amazing how but hurt folks get! I did follow up my joke with saying I had an issue or two as well with CarPlay and my iPhone so it wasn't a complete troll reply. Dial it back a notch boys and let me know when aunt flow leaves town! ;)

SMH

Buying a entirely new vehicle is a big difference so that analogy makes no sense ... And if joking around saying "buy an iPhone" over an android insults anyone's intelligence they have far more issues going on then their phone choice!

Amazing how but hurt folks get! I did follow up my joke with saying I had an issue or two as well with CarPlay and my iPhone so it wasn't a complete troll reply. Dial it back a notch boys and let me know when aunt flow leaves town! ;)

SMH

My point is trolling produces the same result no matter where you are, it helps no one, solely meant to start an argument.

I have several kinds of phones, if you need help with a car play issue I'd be just as happy to try and help you with it as well.

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+

Yes it is but it really would be nice to set it as the default option every time you plug it in so you don't have to open it back up every single time to take it from charge only to MTP, Google dropped the ball big time on that one in my opinion.

It's not an Android problem my Moto X Pure connects when plugged in USB.

It's not an Android problem my Moto X Pure connects when plugged in USB.

Nope, it's a Samsung thing. The 6.01 update did it. I'll look for a fix when I have time tonight otherwise we have to wait for them to resolve it. It's not horrible but would prefer not to have the extra step.

• 3 weeks later...

After my successful android auto update today at the dealer it now screwed up my factory navigation. It is now stuck on the screen in the pic I uploaded and there is no GPS signal at all WTF ? I have to go back to the dealer on friday to try and get it fixed. Anyone here a tech or have any idea what the heck happened ?

attachicon.gif20160308_142250.jpg

this recently happened to a camaro customer I had that rolled last december. The techs need to flash the head unit to set it back up properly.

My customers screen showed EXACTLY what yours does, I told her it was the car telling her that the people that made me know I need fixing!

• Like 1

this recently happened to a camaro customer I had that rolled last december. The techs need to flash the head unit to set it back up properly.

My customers screen showed EXACTLY what yours does, I told her it was the car telling her that the people that made me know I need fixing!

That is hilarious......lol

They flashed & fixed it....thank God

Update came on the Samsung S7s today. No longer have to manually switch to MTP protocol for My Link Projection to recognize the phone.

Android Auto recognizes the S7 is automatically recognized as soon as it is plugged in.

• Like 1

Update came on the Samsung S7s today. No longer have to manually switch to MTP protocol for My Link Projection to recognize the phone.

Android Auto recognizes the S7 is automatically recognized as soon as it is plugged in.

Was just about to post this! Same for S6 Edge+....nice!!

Sent From My Galaxy S6 Edge+