Just picked up my new 2016 GMC canyon Duramax

Hello All,

Just picked it up last night, was a nice haggle with the dealers here in Utah who said there are only 3 in the state with the Duramax and I was the first one to purchase on in Utah (probably just the dealer trying to sell one). So far its great! I got the black SLT with the short bed. I traded in my 2009 Ford F-350 super duty with the 6.4L Powerstroke Lariat, so it was almost bitter sweet but only time will tell. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

You're lucky to find one. A friend been looking for one for months and the dealers around here cannot get one. They all tell him they have one allocation for this year but no idea when GM will build it.

The largest Chevy dealer in the USA (Classic) only has 4 out of 74 in stock that are a Duramax.

You're lucky to find one. A friend been looking for one for months and the dealers around here cannot get one. They all tell him they have one allocation for this year but no idea when GM will build it.

The largest Chevy dealer in the USA (Classic) only has 4 out of 74 in stock that are a Duramax.

I didn't really know that they are that hard to come by. I was looking for quite a while just to get one to test drive and stumbled into this one when they just got it on the lot. Drove it and loved it.

Can you provide details on the deal?

$45,356. I traded my truck in for some cash on top but they did not want to move on the price. The only other Duramax I saw for sale in Utah had a $600 over MSRP.

Nice looking canyon, congratulations please give us your thoughts when you get a few thousand miles on it.

Will do, So far averaging 28MPG with about 50 miles on it. Mostly city driving.

Archived