Rough idle when coming to stop

I second , not bad gas. The dealer and the higher up gm tech tried blaming bad mexico gas and it may take a few tanks to clear it up and also suggested I was buying to cheap of gas. I had put 160gallons of premium top tier at that point. When I told them that, they had no response.

I have had my truck 2016 Chevy Silverado for about 6-7 days since I purchased it july 6th. It has been in the shop for 7 days. After having step rail installed and the chip in the paint fixed I notice a rough idle when in drive at lights when my foot is on the brake, does not do this in reverse or neutral. The dealer is telling me its normal, I told them to keep the Truck no one should have brand new truck idle like its going to die at every light or intersection. The thing is I don't think they know how to fix it is why they are say its normal. Also have seen the TSB of the fix most say it does not fix just covers up the issue and returns later, what does GM have to say about this? I had driven two different loner trucks no issues. The service guys are telling me its about the flex fuel issue that is why its doing that I call B.S.

Ok heres the deal me and the service foreman went for a drive after they had installed new motor mounts and the shims and still have the same idling issue rough in drive as soon as u put in park it goes away or in reverse. The loaner truck that I have been driving does not do this same body and engine. The service foreman says he will continue to try and solve the issue, but when is enough enough 4 trips to the dealer making payment on something I cant even drive.

Edited by Loupls

Was just looking through to see if anyone was having a rough idle on a 16 6.2 Mine is not bad but is noticeable to me on this truck. No engine codes or anything. Have not really checked it when in gear for the rough idle just noticed it when in park. I use Shell 93 octane so pretty sure that fuel quality is not the problem. I will have the dealership check it on first oil change I guess. I only have 2000 miles so far and was kinda hoping it would clear up on its own (yeah right dream on lol) Just hate to have the dealership monkeys touch anything since it is averaging over 20 mpg for this first 2000 miles.

Ok heres the deal me and the service foreman went for a drive after they had installed new motor mounts and the shims and still have the same idling issue rough in drive as soon as u put in park it goes away or in reverse. The loaner truck that I have been driving does not do this same body and engine. The service foreman says he will continue to try and solve the issue, but when is enough enough 4 trips to the dealer making payment on something I cant even drive.

At least your dealership is still looking into the problem and trying to solve it. Mine did the shims and basically told me to go away. I have been back 3 more times, and they keep telling me there's nothing more they can do. I opened a case with GM about it, and that really hasn't gotten me anywhere either. I will be sending them a final repair letter next week. It is completely unacceptable to buy a brand new truck and have it run like it has 400,000 miles on it.

Let me know if there ever figure out what's causing this. I would love to know. Good luck

Was just looking through to see if anyone was having a rough idle on a 16 6.2 Mine is not bad but is noticeable to me on this truck. No engine codes or anything. Have not really checked it when in gear for the rough idle just noticed it when in park. I use Shell 93 octane so pretty sure that fuel quality is not the problem. I will have the dealership check it on first oil change I guess. I only have 2000 miles so far and was kinda hoping it would clear up on its own (yeah right dream on lol) Just hate to have the dealership monkeys touch anything since it is averaging over 20 mpg for this first 2000 miles.

I have a 6.2l 2016 cc. Started noticing around 800miles. Took it to the dealer and they found nothing. Then 2 days later fouled #2 plug. They fixed that but still intermittent rough idle every 3-5 seconds feels like a miss. Waiting for amother fouled plug! Taken back multiple times and they cant find anything even though they admit its there. Sometimes its worse than others. Thinking it might be worse after 30+ mile highway trip followed by parking/cool down then it acts up on next drive idleing in park nuetral drive etc... Even still feel a shudder periodically when bringing it up to 1000rpm. Thinking about taking it to a independent shop.

I have a 6.2l 2016 cc. Started noticing around 800miles. Took it to the dealer and they found nothing. Then 2 days later fouled #2 plug. They fixed that but still intermittent rough idle every 3-5 seconds feels like a miss. Waiting for amother fouled plug! Taken back multiple times and they cant find anything even though they admit its there. Sometimes its worse than others. Thinking it might be worse after 30+ mile highway trip followed by parking/cool down then it acts up on next drive idleing in park nuetral drive etc... Even still feel a shudder periodically when bringing it up to 1000rpm. Thinking about taking it to a independent shop.

Dang it man I hate the sound of that fouled plug! reminds me of my 2009 5.3 it fouled out several plugs over 90000 miles I cannot remember which cylinder it was but the engine was a big time oil burner, it would burn a quart EVERY 1000 miles. Now I am going to have to go take a look at my new trucks oil stick. Shame on me, I have never even raised the hood on this brand new truck in 2500 miles of driving I might have gremlins or anything under there LOL

Dang it man I hate the sound of that fouled plug! reminds me of my 2009 5.3 it fouled out several plugs over 90000 miles I cannot remember which cylinder it was but the engine was a big time oil burner, it would burn a quart EVERY 1000 miles. Now I am going to have to go take a look at my new trucks oil stick. Shame on me, I have never even raised the hood on this brand new truck in 2500 miles of driving I might have gremlins or anything under there LOL

I took off the airbox and look behind the throttle plate and it look like excess oil being dump in from pcv. So i took the throttle body off and wiped out the front of the intake just behind the throttle body. Drove for about 100 miles then checked again and it was already slightly pooled up again. Wondering if this fouled my plug since #2 is right at the front and angle of pcv is pointing at it. Makes me wonder about oil seperators or if they are just BS. Also question whether all these problems that people express could be piston rings not seating well? Someone with more knowledge about poor ring seating want to chim in?

Peeked under the hood and I did not see any gremlins or anything and the oil level was good. Truck has about 2500 miles on it. This engine miss at idle started at about 2000 miles. I just filled up yesterday with Shell 93 octane when the low fuel light came on. I Would have chalked it up to maybe some bad gas for one tank but it still seems to have a miss in it. I wish that I knew how to post a video.

Are you me?

You just described exactly what I'm having AND I had to drive a loaner for the last 2 months that didn't do this at all. :lol:

Yea.. try this out though, mine will idle rough (like.. omg is this thing going to stall out?) rough in DRIVE and ONLY when warm. If its cold, no problem, if its rolling, even a little bit? no problem, reverse? no problem. ONLY drive.

Is that that what you're seeing?

You should see the water bottle I keep in my cup holder. It's a trip.

If its nothing actually WRONG.. I can put up with this, my concern is that there's some component thats gonna blow at 60,001 miles and put me like $20k in the hole for a new engine.

+1

Did your engine light come one with the fouled plug?