Rough idle when coming to stop

Good question! Short answer is I don't know. When I took it in to get it done, they called me back and told me with the frequencies they were getting that Chevy was sending them new redesigned motor mounts to install. Just waiting for them to arrive now.

hmmm, well let me know if the new mounts do anything

The torque converter would cause these intermittent vibrations like a misfire every few seconds (video)? Even in park, nuetral? I thought thr tranny was uncoupled in park and nuetral?

You would think but how it clunks into gear when put in drive sometimes makes me wonder. I've had it clunk into gear when I put it into park and felt like it jumped forward. Expensive truck, this crap shouldn't be the norm!!!

Before I bought my '16 Sierra Denali 6.2L w/8speed auto I was worried about vibration at highway speeds due comments on this forum and others. Now that I own it, I get virbation at idle, clunky shifts and downshifts, vibration at 30 mph, etc. I did a very conscientious break-in. Figured some of this sensitivity is that I am coming from a '14 Audi Q7 TDI that drove silky smooth. I also figure the Sierra is a truck, so driving it like I stole it. Sounds and feels great under full throttle! If it is going to break, hopefully it does while under warranty! I don't have time to waste at the dealer. Helps I got a great deal on purchase price.

After 3,000 miles the rough idle returned and someone correct me if I am wrong but it mostly happens when I have the brake fully depressed, if I lift my foot a bit it gets a little better.

Does it has something to do with the brake booster?

My 2015 6.2 Denali had same issue dealer put washers in tota bs didn't work have no fix but I fixed it traded it in on a 2017 Toyota Tundra and love it done after 15 gm cars and trucks

Thanks for that 2011 article

Article? It's a web page documenting one Tundra owner's experience with Toyota's legendary "quality". If you had taken the time to research the Tundra (or any other half-ton for that matter), you'd realize you're flushing money away. Instead of simply finding a competent technician to figure out your rough idle issue using a very common real-time diagnostic scanneer, you more than likely traded in your truck at a loss for a Tundra -- a terrible, ancient truck with a spaghetti frame, piston slapping 5.7, a slip prone trans with no dipstick, terrible fuel economy and buggy electrical system. A little reseach online would show you that. Thanks for taking the time to share your latest stroke of genius. Edited by HondaHawkGT

Thanks again for the current info Honda guy. You can worry about your money not mine as far as flushing it . 3 miles a gallon less is well worth not having a truck that rough idle clunks and gets confused on what gear to be in like you said very high tech. Maybe you should take advantage of the $12,000 rebate and get your self a new one of these high tech trucks those big rebates should really help the value of your truck. Again thanks for that most current one guys issue has a lot of value . Shows a lot of high intellect

Thanks again for the current info Honda guy. You can worry about your money not mine as far as flushing it . 3 miles a gallon less is well worth not having a truck that rough idle clunks and gets confused on what gear to be in like you said very high tech. Maybe you should take advantage of the $12,000 rebate and get your self a new one of these high tech trucks those big rebates should really help the value of your truck. Again thanks for that most current one guys issue has a lot of value . Shows a lot of high intellect

Why are you here?

Can someone please provide the shims and motor mounts TSB.

The one I found is PIP5211B but this one is actually telling the code readers (because I'll be damned if I call them mechanics) to reseat the engine in the motor mounts rather than just using washers as shims.

Haha those Tundra EPA numbers are sickeningly optimistic. Go look at websites like fuelly yourself. Tundra 5.7's average low teens unless you granny them

As far as rough idles, clinks, or transmission consfusion... I have have ZERO issues with rough idle, shift clunks were rare in the first 5k miles and non-existent after that. With a simple tune, my 6-speed shifts flawlessly, better than most guys can row their own gears. The 6L80 is a better transmission with better serviceability and aftermarket support than that trash Aisin 6 speed Toyota went with. You'll find out when it starts slipping in a few years. It's more common than 'yota guys like to admit. Why are you still here again? Bon voyage.

Edited by HondaHawkGT