Rough idle when coming to stop

Just responding to the Honda hack and his 2011 info!

A 2011 POS that's still going in for major repairs as of 2016 with less than 60k miles.

!

MILEAGE / PROBLEM

11335 / Bug shield mounting brackets wore through paint

16901 / Oil leaking onto exhaust heat shield

17090 / Oil still leaking, Cam Tower Leak

17632 / Front end growl TSB-0121-08 (replaced front axle and differential)

31059 / Paint problems, dull spots and dark bloches

41424 / Grinding from rear axle when turning, TSB-0013-18 (replaced backing plates and rear axle bearings)

45696 / Pickup Bed Rust TSB-01001-12 (picked bed replaced)

54732 / Rear Axle Seal leak (rear axle seal replaced)

56740 / Tail Gate Rust (rust fix, but was told the tailgate should have been replaced when the pickup bed was replaced)

56740 / Heater box blend door seized, HAVC unit replaced

59483 / AC does not work, added refrigerant

59714 / AC does not work, Heater box Evaporator leaking refrigerant from seam, truck at Toyota dealer for five days (3 days waiting for evaporator replacement); after inspection of work noticed 3 fasteners missing from glove box and tray that holds the owner's manual is broken

Your cam towers WILL leak. Toyota has never address the issue. Good luck with piston slap too.

Edited by HondaHawkGT

• 1 month later...

Well I just got my truck back yesterday after they installed the new motor mounts.... And its gone. No more vibrations when at a stop. I'll keep an eye on it for sure (and mileage) but for now its butter.

• Like 1

Haha those Tundra EPA numbers are sickeningly optimistic. Go look at websites like fuelly yourself. Tundra 5.7's average low teens unless you granny them

As far as rough idles, clinks, or transmission consfusion... I have have ZERO issues with rough idle, shift clunks were rare in the first 5k miles and non-existent after that. With a simple tune, my 6-speed shifts flawlessly, better than most guys can row their own gears. The 6L80 is a better transmission with better serviceability and aftermarket support than that trash Aisin 6 speed Toyota went with. You'll find out when it starts slipping in a few years. It's more common than 'yota guys like to admit. Why are you still here again? Bon voyage.

I've got a 2016 tundra and easily get 16mpg. 5.7 w/ 4.30 rear end. Great truck.

• 4 weeks later...

So I am the OP of this thread and have been dealing with the rough idle. However, I was having 1st to 2nd hard shifts so I took the truck in and they told me there was a reflash for the trans. So far the rough idle has improved not fully away but significantly improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I have a 2015 Silverado and my friend has a 2014 Sierra. We both have this weird almost stall out feeling idle on our trucks. Everything Ive read just says its normal in 5.3 engines. We can't accept that answer on 40,000 dollar trucks.

Edited by Diana Brown

I had the redesigned motor mounts put in my truck and it didn't change anything. Still have rough idle/shaking when stopped.

Is the dealer aware of it?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Little rant: My first new truck was a 1984 Chevy crew cab dually, biggest piece of shit I ever had, had to fix everything myself. Well keep it till 2002 and bought a 2002 7.3 F-350 crew cab dually best truck I ever had and still have it 220,000 miles and going strong. So bought a 2016 Chevy Silverado truck for my son and one guy at the shop got one. Well son's has been back 2 times for check engine light code 442, (17,000miles now) first time could not find leak and just put grease on fuel cap and worked for awhile. Second time today put new filler tube and fuel cap on. Had them check for engine shake as only our truck dose it not the other one, can't really feel it but you look at engine with hood up and you can see it. I should have told them if they were going to do the washer deal not to but they did it before I could say no and said this is what they are told to do. The service writer was cool and did not deny anything and said everything here that I have read is true some do it some doesn’t and there is no real fix. Well I will check it out when it gets home; also have a belt / pulley wine from engine. I will tell you now we will never buy a Chevy again and we need two new cars in our family now and I will need a new truck soon

• 2 weeks later...