Rough idle when coming to stop

has anyone at all got this issue resolved? 2017 6.2 just started doing this around the 10k mark. Took it in to dealer. Two days later they sent me home to put the stock intake back on it (had s&b cai and elite engineering catch can since 1000 miles). Removed catch can as well. They were supposed to drive it monday hooked up to the scanner. Havent heard anything back yet.

• 2 weeks later...

My 16 did the same. I boosted my park RPMs by 50 and drive RPMs by a 100. Been perfect ever since

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Exactly how did you do this son? I could use the exact same increases on both IDLE and Drive....

• 1 month later...

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Been driving my 'vibrates at idle' Silverado vibrator since purchased new in 2010. Dealer says rough idle caused by AFM oil-fouling the spark plugs. And the AFM/EPA factory tune and the firing order. They don't care how it runs, as long as it saves a teaspoon of gas. Which is stupid, because a 5400 pound brick is never gonna get that good of gas mileage no matter how you strangle it down. GM service manager told me way back then "yeah, they all do that" when I asked about the AFM oil usage and rough idle.

Fast forward 7 years. A whole new generation of GM pickups and engines. After seeing these 170 posts, I'd say the General isn't the least bit concerned about fixing any problems, they're just laughing all the way to the bank. That is, until it finally catches up with them and the next bankruptcy occurs.

• Like 1

I had the redesigned motor mounts put in my truck and it didn't change anything. Still have rough idle/shaking when stopped.

Well after 10,000 miles of driving with the new motor mounts installed i can certainly say that my engine vibration at idle has diminished significantly (90% gone). On occasion i will still get a slight shake but it doesn't bother me. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but i have also started running 89 octane gas religiously and it certainly feels like the truck runs and idles smoother. My truck will go back to shaking if i run 87 and it really doesn't run much better on 91. At first i thought it was placebo effect but after 30+ tanks of fuel (with a couple 87 fill ups in between) i can definitely say that 89 octane is the way to go (for my truck at least).

Edited by SavageSierra

Well after 10,000 miles of driving with the new motor mounts installed i can certainly say that my engine vibration at idle has diminished significantly (90% gone). On occasion i will still get a slight shake but it doesn't bother me. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it but i have also started running 89 octane gas religiously and it certainly feels like the truck runs and idles smoother. My truck will go back to shaking if i run 87 and it really doesn't run much better on 91. At first i thought it was placebo effect but after 30+ tanks of fuel (with a couple 87 fill ups in between) i can definitely say that 89 octane is the way to go (for my truck at least).

+1 on this, I had the vibration at stop lights as well. Read through some posts and tried out 89 fuel. Three tanks now and not one vibration.

• 2 months later...
On 4/30/2016 at 4:46 AM, 2015Z71 said:

Just picked up my 2016 Silverado cc z71 with 5.3l and have noticed the engine has a rough idle when coming to a stop. Or when I'm at idle and am using the brakes. Anyone else have this issue. My truck has 104 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the 2014 GMC Sierra SLT 5.3l

Since 1 year the dealer are diagnosing the issue as a carbon build up on the throttle body and they cleaned and calibrated, although there are no error lights or DTC's. Afterwards I have done several visits to the dealer's quick service to do the same task. But every attempt ends with the same frustration, same engine vibration and rough idle.
But yesterday I decided to change the engine mounts (all) following a technician advice at the dealer but I had to go back to the dealer with the same vibration, later I was informed by another technician that there was a bullet-in about that on June 2017 and the engine mounts that I bought (01 Nov 2017) and installed have discontinued part number (23466348, 84086738) since August 2017 and the new ones (84175580, 84175581) which are not available.

Capture 3.PNG

• 2 years later...