2016 SLT lights in 14/15 SLT/All Terrain almost done

Didn't get tot test the turn signals this weekend as I was busy and needed my truck so I had to put it back together. However, I installed some capacitors between the low beam/ground wire before reassembly and the headlights function just fine with the truck running. I tested them Fri & Sat night and not a single issue so far. So it appears for those willing with an SLT only a repin & capacitor is needed for the lights to work like the 14-15 slt lights. Now if I can only get those DRL's to go off when turn signal is applied.

Exactly, headlights would cutoff because they go on safe mode to protect the LEDs from the pulsating current and not because of BCM, canbus or any of that. Im glad it worked out for you. And for non SLT just add a NC/NO Relay. The relay switches the current from low beam to DRL and switches it back to low beam when need it thats all needed. Edited by Dbeto54
  • Like 1

zm,

Could this be made to work on an SLE model? Do the SLT harnesses have additional wiring for the LED DRL,s?

Dbeto's silverado conversion basically went NON-LED headlights to 2016 LED DRL headlights with only repin correct?

I believe he added a NC/NO Relay. The relay switches the current from low beam to DRL.

• Like 1

zm,

Could this be made to work on an SLE model? Do the SLT harnesses have additional wiring for the LED DRL,s?

Dbeto's silverado conversion basically went NON-LED headlights to 2016 LED DRL headlights with only repin correct?

This is how I did the relay

Low Beam + coming from harness to COM, NC to DRL, NO to Low Beam, and one of the coil to + from parking lights and the other to chassis ground. You can use one on each headlight or just hook up both left and right Low beam to NO and both DRL to NC. Thats how I did it with just one.

8DC3395B-D6DA-4666-B132-4311D7E89AFB.png

Edited by Dbeto54
  • Like 1

Dbeto....Thanks for the schematic. looks pretty straight forward to me now. :cheers:

Not a problem man. Thats what the forum should be for, to share info and help each other out on DIY projects and on whatever we can. Edited by Dbeto54
  • Like 1

This is how I did the relay

Low Beam + coming from harness to COM, NC to DRL, NO to Low Beam, and one of the coil to + from parking lights and the other to chassis ground. You can use one on each headlight or just hook up both left and right Low beam to NO and both DRL to NC. Thats how I did it with just one.

8DC3395B-D6DA-4666-B132-4311D7E89AFB.png

So you are controlling the coil on the relay with power from the parking lamps as opposed to the turn signal wire and it still energizes the coil and opens the drl circuit when using the turn signal?

So you are controlling the coil on the relay with power from the parking lamps as opposed to the turn signal wire and it still energizes the coil and opens the drl circuit when using the turn signal?

Yes the coil is only energized on auto lights at night or if I do it manually by turning the light knob right. Otherwise the relay is Normally Close sending the current to DRL all the time. What I did was just reroute the low beam drl current to the led strip and back to low beam when coil is energize. The turn signal function is done by the headlight module it self. The drl wire is still hot while turn signal is applied but the module cuts off the led. I believe sierras is done by the bcm instead of the headlight module. I dont see any other explanation for it not to turn off.

• 2 weeks later...

Any more movement on this?

Just that the SLTs work with a repin but no DRL shutoff with turnsignal applied. I've been running wide open the past couple weeks so haven't had much time to sit and tinker with it.

Edited by zmnypit
  • Like 1

You cant put on GMC headlights on Silverado's, the fenders are not the same, but we can upgrade the 2014-15 Silverado's to there new LED headlight.

It can if you want to swap some front end parts. Look at user Dbeto54 threads. He swapped the fronted including headlights.

Yeah I saw that... but I want it like the Sierra, just head light swap haha! It looks really clean though!