Seat belt recall?

Wow, what a joke. I was afraid of this outcome. Thanks to the ones the posted the pics and sadly had there trucks mutilated. This is a joke. They cut the rubber grommet away that basically just hides the egress and can never cause damage to the cable. I would be fine with the rapier if the don't touch the rubber grommet. Guys, check it out before you get it done the cutting of the rubber grommet makes no change to the recall. I am sure the pusher bracket that they install will help but sorry the cutting of the grommet is a joke. I guess its to much work to redesign and install a new trim price, oh wait, they weren't allotted that expense for the recall.

I am sure I am going to have issues with my dealer and GM if it goes that far. If funny how they think we can pay close to 50K for a truck and than take a pair of scissors to it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, that recall repair is in no way sufficient. I am scheduled in for it so I contacted customer care and basically they told me to do the repair as described or sign off liability on the recall.

Strike 1 GM

I had a conversation with the service manager at my dealership today to ask about the details of the recall and if there are any provisions for returning my truck to the original condition. The response was basically that the work was carried out as described in the recall bulletin and there is not really anything that can be done. I have a hard time getting upset with the dealership at this point in time, the only critique I would have is that if that part was really described as needing to be cut out, it probably should have been done cleaner.

Either way, clean cut or not, having this be a required part of the recall with no intention of fixing the hole is still unacceptable. I ended up calling GM to file a complaint and get a case open. I do not expect much, but we will see how it goes.

I had a conversation with the service manager at my dealership today to ask about the details of the recall and if there are any provisions for returning my truck to the original condition. The response was basically that the work was carried out as described in the recall bulletin and there is not really anything that can be done. I have a hard time getting upset with the dealership at this point in time, the only critique I would have is that if that part was really described as needing to be cut out, it probably should have been done cleaner.

Either way, clean cut or not, having this be a required part of the recall with no intention of fixing the hole is still unacceptable. I ended up calling GM to file a complaint and get a case open. I do not expect much, but we will see how it goes.

Let us know how the complaint goes, because I am sure they will get more. They need to resolve this. It is not acceptable!!!

Where do you file complaints?

Absolute joke of a fix!! It makes the seat look like total crap. We had several so far done in our fleet, and our owners are NOT happy GM customers... Coupled with the GMC Canyons coming through with an undersized hitch that now needs replaced also.... what a joke GM has become. This is NOT A FIX, it is a botch job!

Absolute joke of a fix!! It makes the seat look like total crap. We had several so far done in our fleet, and our owners are NOT happy GM customers... Coupled with the GMC Canyons coming through with an undersized hitch that now needs replaced also.... what a joke GM has become. This is NOT A FIX, it is a botch job!

As you work for a dealer. Is there anything the dealers can do about this and escalade it to GM as not acceptable?? Customers should be satisfied and this is not going to do that.

Reminds me of when Toyota had their recall for unintended acceleration. Their repair was to cut 2 inches off the gas pedal and reprogram the ECU to cut the throttle when both brake and acceleration were applied together. Instead of redesigning the accelerator pedal for the Tacoma which I had at the time, Toyota's solution was for the tech to hacksaw or dremel the acceleration pedal.....total Middle School workshop looking job. Sorry, but I keep throwing those GM recall alerts in the trash, I'm not butchering the groumet on me seat for that crap job...looks lik a nice peanut or French fry stash holder.

Archived