Seat belt recall?

My recall was done last week and now my seat makes a groaning creaking sound when truck is turning or I hit the brakes. At first though was suspension but it is definitely from inside of cab. Anyone have the bracket installed and seat noise afterwards. a year ago the fixed the seat bottom that was loose it looks like seta back is loose now. the seat back has an inch of movement if I shake it but passenger seat is solid.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The best part is that GM provided a "template" for the tech to use to cut the opening. The template is just a picture of a hand carved opening...they couldn't even take 5 minutes to make a proper CAD drawing. And the pictures they use to show how to make the cut are just as bad. I really hope the engineer that wrote this tech bulletin is no longer employed. A college intern could have done a far better job.

Read the instructions at the link below. Starting at page 7 you'll become more and more pissed.

http://gm.oemdtc.com/6072/15822-seatbelt-lap-anchor-tensioner-cable-drivers-side-2014-2015-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-1500/7

The best part is that GM provided a "template" for the tech to use to cut the opening. The template is just a picture of a hand carved opening...they couldn't even take 5 minutes to make a proper CAD drawing. And the pictures they use to show how to make the cut are just as bad. I really hope the engineer that wrote this tech bulletin is no longer employed. A college intern could have done a far better job.

Read the instructions at the link below. Starting at page 7 you'll become more and more pissed.

http://gm.oemdtc.com/6072/15822-seatbelt-lap-anchor-tensioner-cable-drivers-side-2014-2015-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra-1500/7

My favorite part is you can see they filled in with the orange pen in Image # 5 and then in image #6 there is no fill. Why? Because they probably hacked up the first attempt. It is like glaringly obvious that #5 is not the same as #6.

My favorite part is you can see they filled in with the orange pen in Image # 5 and then in image #6 there is no fill. Why? Because they probably hacked up the first attempt. It is like glaringly obvious that #5 is not the same as #6.

I will say that even thought their so-called template is just a picture of a hacked up flap, it's still better than 99% of the pictures I've seen of the actual rework by dealers. That isn't saying much though.

• 1 month later...

Mine as done without cutting it at all. I refused to have them cut it and he said I'm glad you said something because I was gonna get it with a razor knife!

RT

Glad you got it done right. For all those who haven't had this done yet check out my pictures in post #45 of this thread. Mine was also done without any cutting and there is absolutely no reason to let them cut it - just insist they do it right or don't bother to get it done. After all if you don't get it done it's only a safety issue if you drag your butt across the seat belt when you get in and out of the truck.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had this seat belt recall done to my truck and it was the first thing I noticed when I opened the door. I could not believe that GM would authorize this hack job on my $50000.00 truck. I called them up and told them.They wanted to act like it was the dealers fault and I was complaining about them.I told them that I read that this was their authorized fix.My dealer called me and told me they ordered me a new part and would call me when it came in. I dont want a part with a cut out hole. Can you still get a part with the flaps not cut out? What was the difference in the new truck fix and the hack job. Please help. I don't care if have to pay for it. I'm trying to figure how to explain to my dealer the fix that keeps the flaps. Thanks

9c2e87ecad1091b1d2ef7593d5471332.jpge6320fe43d2bbd1d6ce853d9f14cdd8f.jpgef30959301a163672b3687fe75d870bc.jpg

You guys got me all worked up reading the horror stories and was ready to raise hell when I took it in for the recalls and oil change. It's been over a week and I honestly forgot to even look until just now. I don't think the dealer did a bad job..

Btw, is it just the driver side or both? The passenger side (first picture) isn't cut at all..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had my recalls completed during my service on Friday 12/9. I had forgotten to look how they resolved it until today and found thankfully, that they didn't cut anything.

96bbf93c6fbe528654dbaefdd38b869c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Sierra had the recall a few weeks ago here in germany.

I told them to keep the flaps where they are and they did. I´m happy about that!

Thank you to Member SIG2015, he showed the best way to do.

By the way, what did they do there anyway?! the belt latch or how ever this part is called,looks the same as before...???

• 4 weeks later...

New update to the recall. Now replacing all side covers. Only for recalls not yet closed.

So I can't go back and have new covers put on? What kind of crap is that!?!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Archived