From Ford F-150 to GM truck?

Wow I can't see that... I just can't get used to that F-150 grille that looks like a fish mouth. Horrible...

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Obviously, the majority behold it differently than you do.

Since the "fish mouth" is leading both Chevrolet and GMC in COMBINED sales , it seems the truck buying world prefers the fish look over the hammer head looking GMs. Maybe the world hates the squared off wheel wells. Without the WW mounding, the Chevys are particularly bad.

Personally, the King Ranch Ford is in a class far above everything else in appointments and luxury... The paint colors are sharper. The two tone option is something cheap GM deleted years ago. And the interior? My Denali and SLT are a joke in comparison.

And THAT is coming from a guy that buys vehicles every year and currently has two nice GMCs in the garage.

Im not sure about the new Super Duty yet. I'll have to see one in person, but that rig will probably be in my driveway soon.

In my case, my plow truck has to fit in my garage with the plow attached. That limits my wheelbase to a double cab. The GM cab design with the rear opening back door is more appealing to me that the old style suicide door.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude really lol?? Just because Ford is leading GM by only 2100 trucks means nothing. Were talking first half numbers here. That's like a halftime football game score being 21-20 or a basketball game halftime score of 49-48. It's irrelevant and has no bearing or significance of the final score.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I'm not brand loyal. I buy them all.

It's just down right comical to see someone like you posting scores, and then not liking what the current scoreboard says when it doesn't suit you.

The reality is that Ford is number one right now, even with GM outnumbering Ford with advertising, dealer stock, amount of actual dealerships, rebates and hypocritical aluminum campaigns that people see right thru...

The New Super Duty hasn't even started to ship yet. That's going to tilt things even more dramatically. Old trucks on sale, and new trucks on order.

In the grand scheme, does it matter? We all buy what we like, but to post child like opinions about the competition's styling is a little beneath us all, don't you think?

You have your opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the sales facts prove the Ford appeals to more people than the GM.

I'm not brand loyal. I buy them all.

It's just down right comical to see someone like you posting scores, and then not liking what the current scoreboard says when it doesn't suit you.

The reality is that Ford is number one right now, even with GM outnumbering Ford with advertising, dealer stock, amount of actual dealerships, rebates and hypocritical aluminum campaigns that people see right thru...

The New Super Duty hasn't even started to ship yet. That's going to tilt things even more dramatically. Old trucks on sale, and new trucks on order.

In the grand scheme, does it matter? We all buy what we like, but to post child like opinions about the competition's styling is a little beneath us all, don't you think?

You have your opinion. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and the sales facts prove the Ford appeals to more people than the GM.

I think we all get your not brand loyal. But don't forget you are on a GM Form.

I've seen a few of the Ford fans here while lurkingover on F150forum.com. Yes I lurk and don't have an active profile or post on competitor boards, because quite frankly I thinks it's trolling and classless to do so. I lurk to keep myself informed on what other trucks offer not to attack or offend those who drive a competetor truck.

I won't call out who specifically as anyone here who pays attention can figure it out, but yes, they are over there talking up their Fords or why they are planning on buying a Ford and why GM is shitty. I guess some people have way to much time on their hands to come here and try and convince those of us who are happy with our GM trucks that we live on the wrong side of the fence. Some are probably paid trolls by Ford, Ram or Toyota and yes it has been proven those people do exist and it's not a tin foil hat thing.

I wonder if he lurks on the F-150 Forum and says I have 2 GM's, love them, push snow with them and wouldn't own a Ford.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

I read the forums too! I have never and would never post on it either. If I owned a Tundra I would post on a Tundra Forum, If I owned a Ram, you guessed it I would post on a RAM forum!

Are you guys that simple?

Troll us usually a word used when you are pinned up against a wall, and right before the tears start..

I read the forums too! I have never and would never post on it either. If I owned a Tundra I would post on a Tundra Forum, If I owned a Ram, you guessed it I would post on a RAM forum!

I own two GMCs.. You guessed it, I'm posting on a GM forum...

Funny thing is that I've probably owned more trucks in the last 5 years than you have in your entire lifetime.

Yeah, some were Fords, and some were Rams.. The horror....

Steve, try reading the posts.

No one is saying that you should be unhappy with your truck. I'll leave that up to the guys with the 6.2l engines.

I'm pretty happy with mine. The fireman dude with the fish grill is the one who needs a factual reset, and I am simply providing him a reality check..:)

Archived