From Ford F-150 to GM truck?

I had a 2010 FX4 I bought with ~8k miles on it. Had nothing but problems from the engine and tranny, it was traded off before I hit 20k miles in it. Rode a subaru for a while after that, but knew I'd be back in a truck eventually. Got my first GMC December of 2014, have loved it overall minus a few small gripes. Only thing I liked better on the f150 was being able to fit much larger tires without any modifications.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

came from an F150.... drove it over 10yrs... .. wouldnt go back!

most common problems on my 05 were injectors, and coils... ...

• 2 weeks later...

came from an F150.... drove it over 10yrs... .. wouldnt go back!

most common problems on my 05 were injectors, and coils... ...

My dad has an 05' fx4 with a 5.4 triton and it sucks. He has been dealing with miss fires for years and in 2008 ford replace 2 piston and rods.

We have replaced all injectors, plugs, engine sensors, coils, catalytic converters and I'm at a loss..

I told him to sell the POS

My dad has an 05' fx4 with a 5.4 triton and it sucks. He has been dealing with miss fires for years and in 2008 ford replace 2 piston and rods.

We have replaced all injectors, plugs, engine sensors, coils, catalytic converters and I'm at a loss..

Too bad! Just like when he bought it years ago Ford makes trucks and he will go tomorrow and buy another FORD truck because they make "trucks" some people are too stubborn to understand

yeah that engine had its issues.... but after it was paid off.. i mean .. 500-1k a year was way better than a payment... but always in the shop got old quick...

glad i upgraded!.. hope to get the same out of this one with less issues.

KaptKyle

Actually this picture was taken the night I bought the truck, at that point I had not even driven the truck. It was after the dealership had closed and they did a quick cleanup and parked it there. I snapped the picture just before I got in the truck to leave. I took the truck back the following Monday for a complete cleanup. But to your point I do have to scope out just the right parking space to make sure that I can get in it and try to avoid parking where it looks like other may hit my truck with their doors.

My comment was mostly a joke, I hope that translated through

nice rig mate. I also had a 04 F150

Nice trucks. In the end they are all 99% capable of doing the same thing. So for me its about styling

I agree with you. I really use my truck more like a car 95% of the time but when I need a truck it does what I need it to do. I would say that styling is first and foremost important to me along with reliability.

A FERD GUY? Please tell me if you had a ecoboost and your honest opinion? I am just trying to figure out if those engines will make it to 100,000 with being completely garbage?

Anything will make it to 100K with proper maintenance, care....and some money...

From what I've seen and heard, they generally do OK, but I've also heard of a few engine failures at low miles....more than I would expect.

A FERD GUY? Please tell me if you had a ecoboost and your honest opinion? I am just trying to figure out if those engines will make it to 100,000 with being completely garbage?

There's a guy on the F150 forums right now that just hit 100k with his 2.7 eco. There's several 3.5's around that have gone well over that number. Ford's using the same technology used in turbo diesels, and questions their ability to make it to 100k (or 300k) miles.

Had an 11 Ecoboost....no problems for 80k miles

I have gone Ford Chev Ford Chev last 4 trucks....before that was all Ford.

The 11 Ecoboost has been the best truck I've owned.

Whether or not it would make 100k miles I will never know.....on any truck for that matter cause they are always gone before then.

Archived