Denali cluster in SLT

Thanks for the kind words Greg!!! :)

Yes we are still doing the programming, if you are trying to contact us here you wont get a reply PM's are disabled due to the influx of people who ignored the please contact us from our website memos :) We aren't hard to find (white auto and media), if you contact us there during business hours we'll get you taken care of!

Clusters must be correct for the model year you are trying to retrofit IE if you have a 2016 we need to start with a 2016 cluster and so on. Price also depends on if you decide to add any more custom applications IE HUD and/or if the unit is used.

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 2

I'm definitely trying to get the ball rolling on this mod. I have a few questions:

NIXONRIDE, what year cluster did you install in your 2016 SLT? The link you shared in another post was for a NOS 2015 Yukon XL Cluster. I'm hoping this is what you had Chris White program, as it would be much cheaper than buying one new from GM Parts Direct.

2015 Denali Yukon XL Cluster ($200.99) - http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-Denali-Yukon-XL-Instrument-Cluster-OEM-23249954-New-/231754299431?fits=Year%3A2015%7CSubmodel%3ADenali&hash=item35f5a1f827:g:lKsAAOSwdvpWDtS4&vxp=mtr

New Cluster ($604.67) - http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/23249954

Since Chris says that the clusters must be correct for the body year, my thought is that I'll have to purchase from GM Parts Direct.

Are you having any issues with Apple Car Play? Does the cluster Navigation work?

Edited by hunthearin

You have to source the cluster, again just make sure its the same model year part as your vehicle as there are large changes on the MOST bus between years. If you have for example a 2016 putting a 2015 cluster in will kill your voice commands for carplay/android auto some text wont line up the icons for lane keep assist are missing etc; its a disaster.

Edit: forgot to mention, all of you with silverados don't need to miss out on the fun! If you have a 2016 we can setup a 2016 Tahoe ltz cluster which has Chevrolet lighting :)

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 2

OK, guess I'll have to call and get a price from dealer....bet it's gonna be HIGH!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There are used ones out there, OP's unit was used just have to scour a bit :)

Yeah mine was out of a 2016 Yukon Denali...the GM part number was 23390930. I don't remember the link I posted but thebkne i got was definitely out of a 2016 and was used...didn't know it was used off the get go but Chris found that out right when he hooked it up to his equipment...no big deal cause it was still less than buying a new one. I have ran into a bit of a snag on the HUD as my local dealers don't want to be much help...I need the part number for the harness required as well as the control switch, so if anyone has access to parts look up and wants to help a brother out PM me.

Missed the lower half of the question but no I am not having any issues what so ever with anything since making the swap.

We've done probably around 100 of these now for various dealers and individuals, no issues since we have the ability to actually do them the right way LOL :)

• Like 1

Oh hey one other thing since this will come up later (it did this morning) keep in mind guys there are really two types of 2015 trucks. There are 2015 and 2015.5, the 2015.5 has a different base OS on the cluster for those specific vehicles. The 2015.5 will have RPO AVF (and wifi etc). You need the correct cluster that fits the rest of your hardware.

Edited by GTPprix
  • Like 2