Anyone's window applique's loose? flapping?

Anyone with a 2015 or 2016 Yukon had these pieces start coming off? Is there a recall on this? I just bought this certified 2015 Yukon, comes with 12 mos/12k mile bumper to bumper warranty, and noticed these flapping in the wind and causes a buffeting noise going down the highway. I took it to my local dealership (I bought it at another dealership out of town) and they want $912 to fix it! Shouldnt the GM certification warranty cover this if its bumper to bumper? Is there a number or person I can call GM about this? So frustrating.
post-124579-0-48462100-1473259520_thumb.jpg
post-124579-0-35095200-1473259526_thumb.jpg

Yes, it’s a 100K warranty. You can take it to a local windshield repair store and get it done pretty cheap so you won’t have all the hassles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, it’s a 100K warranty. You can take it to a local windshield repair store and get it done pretty cheap so you won’t have all the hassles

Mine wasn't covered by warranty. Had to pay a few hundred to have it fixed.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

2016 Suburban LT window applique's loose and flapping.

Well I purchased a a CPO 2016 Suburban LT. I drive it home. I start to get to know the car by reading the manual. I begin to check out the exterior an interior. I find the center console assembly was not put back together correctly. I find other issues, too. I take the car back to the dealer to be  'looked at'.

On my way to the dealer, at 68 mph. I hear a whistling from outside on the driver door. I get to the dealer and ALL OF THE window door appliques ( all four passenger doors ) are loose or askew/crooked. They take it in to the shop. The salesman says they will replace all the window appliques.

I own the car for two hours and this happens. What is next...

2016 Suburban LT window applique's loose and flapping.

Well I purchased a a CPO 2016 Suburban LT. I drive it home. I start to get to know the car by reading the manual. I begin to check out the exterior an interior. I find the center console assembly was not put back together correctly. I find other issues, too. I take the car back to the dealer to be  'looked at'.

On my way to the dealer, at 68 mph. I hear a whistling from outside on the driver door. I get to the dealer and ALL OF THE window door appliques ( all four passenger doors ) are loose or askew/crooked. They take it in to the shop. The salesman says they will replace all the window appliques.

I own the car for two hours and this happens. What is next...

It’s obviously a used vehicle and those things do happen. Quite possible a (family’s) soccer moms vehicle that never cared to bring it up or even bothered by it with loud kids in the back lol. Got it fixed so move on. Btw, all manufacturers have issues, it’s plastic parts.

You are correct.  My complaint is not the issue that it will be fixed,  but the fact that a dealer, who evaluates cars for a living,  would risk my unhappiness in discovering such an issue.

Ummmm, you’re putting to much into this, dealerships take trades in or purchase from auctions, aside of normal or a bit extensive maintenance it’s typically visually inspected. Quite possible my theory is correct and it’s typically what happens when it’s a soccer moms vehicle. It’s repaired now and I’d move on, don’t have an attitude with the service guys cause buying any used car you don’t know what you’re getting and soon you’ll be at the mercy of the service techs.

Btw: joining a GM (Chevy, GMC) vehicle forum, I’d change your name as well before you start to insult folks that own Chevy’, you’re Implying that Chevy Sucks but Chevy doesn’t suck anymore than Ford, Dodge or any other especially when buying a “used vehicle”.

• Like 2

I bought my wife a Yukon Denali, sticker $82K, not what I paid for it but moving on, three kids being shuffled from soccer, basket ball, swimming, martial arts, multiple dance classes, guitar classes as well as daily trips to the shopping centers. I’ve got it detailed weekly which doesn’t shield it from what kids do to the inside, when damages are found they’re repaired but I’m sure something somewhere my wife isn’t telling me or found herself but once it’s traded in for the next body style someone will find something wrong with it too. I left out the worst of all, door dings from minivans and other child hauling SUV’s and stains on the roof liner from splattered drinks as well as makeup, moving on

• 3 months later...

I have owned Suburbans for 35 years. My 2011 still runs great with over 200k miles. No rattles or noises or any major issues. However my 2016 has been in the shop for over 20 times for various annoying noise and rattling issues. My rear seats still rattle unless someone sits on it. The dealer has not been able to fix it.

The problem with door applique is poor quality glue used on the radial clip and it separates from the plastic trim. There is no need to buy these ridiculously high priced items. I used a Marine epoxy (5200) and re glued the all the clips (clamped them over night) and used some 3m double sided tape in various places for added strength. I changed all of them (including the ones that were fine) total 8 on all doors. So far have driven for six months and no issues. They look solid. See pictures 

BAEB6138-B1BB-4FF7-8F35-8B849B9FAA79.jpeg

01A848D7-3FB4-40B6-BB7F-BFC70438C42B.jpeg

64FB7E78-6A62-440D-BA06-1677C8280CE8.jpeg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I experienced the issue of broken/loose window appliqués on my 2015 GMC Yukon. I could not find any helpful videos online so I created 7 short clips myself that show how to remove and replace in minutes and at a fraction of the dealer cost.

I hope this helps save someone some time and money.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ScottNash, In response to your question, I don't know where you might buy those "blue'ish plugs" by themselves. Mine came with the new appliqué. I suppose you could try taking the broken part to a place that sells plastic fasteners and see if there's anything comparable that would fit. I'm thinking it's best to just replace the entire part for ~ $40 to give it the best shot at fitting well and not rattling. 

• 1 month later...

Mine's flapping in the wind. 

2015 Suburban LTZ with ~56,000 miles. 

Driver's Door applique trim starts dancing or just bows out like a spinnaker at highway speeds this past week.  Looks like an easy fix with either the OEM part (~$50) or some adhesive to re-secure the failed adhesive on the clips, as others have demonstrated.  Amazing that dealers are quoting $600+ to repair this obvious engineering mistake.  Quick internet search shows that this will happen to ALL vehicles manufactured before the updated parts.  Why do people tolerate this?

I figure all remaining trim pieces will fail similarly, so I have that to look forward to.  

Where does GM find their engineers?  Any competent engineering and material evaluation would find this failure.  Congrats on another 100% failure rate part for which GM fails to recognize responsibility past the basic 36,000 mile warranty.  Spectacular.  

• 5 months later...