Blown Tranny after 824 miles, Need Gears???

Hey Guys, just found the board, 1st post. I did a search on gears and didn't find what I was looking for. I just picked up my 2016 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 4x4 witht he 5.3 and 8 speed. I went with a 6" BDS lift, 1.5" body lift, 22x10 Fules and 37X13.5 Trail Grappler's. Other than that, I just have the Flowmaster super 40 cat back and Banks Intake.

I was driving down the freeway and the tranny just went, no warning at all (I was only going 70 mph). GM did replace it under warranty. The truck has 824 miles on it. I have the 8 speed which I've been told is having some issues. I called the shop today that did the lift to add some 4:56 gears, and they said the max gear I can get for this thing is 4:10's. Does anyone have experience with re-gearing a '16? I'm paranoid now and want to get rear gears in the back. I am having it dyno tuned next week, but really want the 4:56's asap.

Hey Guys, just found the board, 1st post. I did a search on gears and didn't find what I was looking for. I just picked up my 2016 GMC Sierra Denali 1500 4x4 witht he 5.3 and 8 speed. I went with a 6" BDS lift, 1.5" body lift, 22x10 Fules and 37X13.5 Trail Grappler's. Other than that, I just have the Flowmaster super 40 cat back and Banks Intake.

I was driving down the freeway and the tranny just went, no warning at all (I was only going 70 mph). GM did replace it under warranty. The truck has 824 miles on it. I have the 8 speed which I've been told is having some issues. I called the shop today that did the lift to add some 4:56 gears, and they said the max gear I can get for this thing is 4:10's. Does anyone have experience with re-gearing a '16? I'm paranoid now and want to get rear gears in the back. I am having it dyno tuned next week, but really want the 4:56's asap.

Wow wtf that's weird. From what I have inquired on here you'll have to get gears for the front and rear.

4.10 seems about right but if you have 3.42 you could just go to 3.73

I have a 6 inch lift and 35s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have 3.42 gears then 4.10 would give you the same performance and RPM with the 37s as you did with 3.42s and factory (which is 31s). If you want to go lower then I'm sure you can find 4.56.

I was hoping to go 4:56's to give it a little more pep and take some load off the tranny. I've had 4:10's before and dint feel like it justified the cost. I was hoping the shop is wrong and 4:56's are available for the 16's?

I had a 13 that blew the tranny with less then a 100 miles on it. Dealer took it back and gave me another that was identical except for the color. Stuff happens sometimes. As long as the GM fixes it is what matters..

Since you have the 8 speed, I think 4.10s would be fine for your application.

May be a bit excessive. I would suggest 3.73s if that. These trucks are geard very well off the line so the getup and go is awesome.

My old 2014 with the 6spd and 3.08s would light up the 33s it had like nothing, now waiting to see how this 2016 with 3.42s will do with 35s

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Archived