Oil type for 2014 Sierra 5.3

4 minutes ago, Hillwood said:

Does that include the dry sump?

The base Corvettes of this generation are wet sump.  Just like the trucks.  Dry sumps only come on some of the higher option packages.

15 minutes ago, Hillwood said:

If you wanted to order a replacement engine ... There would be only one part number for a 6.2 replacement?

I've had better conversations with brick walls.  "Replacement engines" come with some parts I listed as different.  So no.  If you're building one, same block, heads, crank, rods, pistons, valves, cam, lifters, pushrods, valvesprings, oil pump, AFM garbage, etc, so yes for all internal parts.  Same part numbers.  How hard is that to understand?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hillwood said:

I got it man...The same.

No, you likely don't.  And don't understand WHY GM recommends a different viscosity (emissions).  GM sells a lot more trucks/SUV's than Vettes and Camaro's...which somehow the Camaro gets the same motor but left out of the discussion.

• Like 1

It is not safe to assume that a higher viscosity oil is always better for your engine because other factors, such as engine design, fuel economy and power, are also related to operating viscosity. You should always consult your owner's manual for the right oil to use for your particular engine.

No, you likely don't.  And don't understand WHY GM recommends a different viscosity (emissions).  GM sells a lot more trucks/SUV's than Vettes and Camaro's...which somehow the Camaro gets the same motor but left out of the discussion.
I stated (use what is labeled on the oil cap) Unless you know something they don't.!
Did you read the entire thread?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Hillwood said:

I stated (use what is labeled on the oil cap) Unless you know something they don't.!
Did you read the entire thread?

I read the entire thread and your statement.  What's on the cap is for GM to meet corporate fuel mileage goals and not necessarily what is best for the engine.  Do you understand?

I read the entire thread and your statement.  What's on the cap is for GM to meet corporate fuel mileage goals and not necessarily what is best for the engine.  Do you understand?
Please contact GM and let them know they are not doing what is best for their engines!
Obviously they don't know what they are doing.
What weight is correct? I don't want to blow up my engine because GM told me to use the wrong oil!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, Hillwood said:

Please contact GM and let them know they are not doing what is best for their engines!
Obviously they don't know what they are doing.
What weight is correct? I don't want to blow up my engine because GM told me to use the wrong oil!

You are too dense to get it, but I'll respond for those that might read your drivel and actually think it is meaningful.

- No, 0W20 won't blow up your engine.  

- Yes, 0W20 in a number of use cases may INCREASE WEAR ON YOUR ENGINE

- No, that wear will not likely cause an issue DURING THE WARRANTY PERIOD.  You know, the timeline GM actually cares about

If for a second you don't think GM would give up 50k miles of average engine life to bump their CAFE rating 1/2 a point, you are just plain nuts.  It's smart business. 

Why is GM suggesting a different weight for what is basically the same motor on their performance cars?  Cars that are much lower volume and don't impact the whole like their bread and butter trucks/SUV's?  THINK and respond, don't just respond.  THINK as to why they would do that.  Use logic and reasoning, not "because it says so on the label."    

• Like 1