Why so few women in auto sales

I bought my 14 from a busty broad that dressed trashy. She was polite and efficient. Never pushy. She knew the truck features very well.

We're her persuasions exposed to you?

Back when I worked at a Buick/Pontiac/GMC/Jeep/Eagle/Subaru dealer, we had two women sales people...one made it, the other didn't.

From my point of view, it's about how agressive sale people are...the one of the women was timid, let the customer come to her, the other was agressive and went after the customer. And when dealing with men that are typically agressive by nature, the less agressive get pushed out...even other men. The one that made it was there until they closed the doors some years later.

It's the nature of the business, it takes a certain personality for sales. I couldn't do it, that I know for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

When I was looking for my truck, I had a woman trying to sell me a Nissan truck, and she was aggressive as all get out, but I went with the GMC! [emoji1316]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I went to a local Ford dealer, the sales lady asked if I wanted front wheel drive or four wheel drive.

When picking my truck up from routine service, the lady behind the counter told me they checked the alignment. "The front was a little off but we corrected it. The rear however was spot on"

When picking my truck up from routine service, the lady behind the counter told me they checked the alignment. "The front was a little off but we corrected it. The rear however was spot on"

So you got a 4 wheel alignment? Why is that weird? Edited by TheGovernment
  • Like 1

Has anybody checked auto sales person hours ? Usually 8 a.m. to 7 or 8 p.m. At least 5 days a week and sometimes more . Saturdays a must unless you are a longtime employee . Now lets not forget if you got a sucker you play them to the max for profit to dealership. Sounds like a real glamorous career choice hug ?? . Now lets toss in no defined weekly pay except for base ''shit '' salary lol. Remember fish and reeling then in determines your ''paycheck'' that week and every week except for your weekly base ''shit ''pay . lol. It truly does take a special person to stay in the game imo.

I purchased my 2500 from a very nice young lady, she found what I wanted and we made the deal.

Man if I was single or younger lol[emoji104]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by grizzlyltz

It's not like the old days when car sales people could make serious money. So many hoops to jump through. We have a salesman that has been with us for over 30 years. He bitches all the time about the newer sales people. They are catered to and given deals, but paid less and don't know the product very well. Between the house deals and the internet you can't make great money anymore. And like earlier noted, long hours.

Edited by tbarn

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Will see how it all turns out. A niece of mine got into auto sales at a Ford/Chrysler/Jeep dealership about a year ago.  She was a school teacher.  Hope she doesn't turn into a moron doing that.  At least she is educated and can learn.

Edited by Cowpie
  • Like 1