DVD REAR PLAYERS not working

We have had the same issue with our third row DVD player.  Hasn’t worked for years.  This is just one of many issues this 2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL has had.  Another very common issue of such a rough ride and we are on our third pair of new struts.  It rides like we have wooden wagon wheels!  Will never purchase one of these again!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just a quick note to thank both 67firebird455 for the original fix answer and ChevyDriver59 for his post of the video instructions on 01/01/2021. My neighbor had issues with 2nd row monitor while her husband was deployed and asked if I had any recommendations for troubleshooting.  I was able to find this thread searching and fixed her problem for a few bucks in cables instead of her having to replace entire module like she was told by dealer...several hundred dollars. Much appreciated!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello! Did anyone have a video of fixing the ribbon of at DVD player in the 2015 Chevy, Suburban 2nd row dvd player?  I am sorry I have looked throughout this post and could not find anything.  I am desperate to fix this and can't figure out how to exactly do it successfully and where to get the part needed.  Any help I will greatly appreciate!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/29/2022 at 2:38 PM, Jeana said:

Hello! Did anyone have a video of fixing the ribbon of at DVD player in the 2015 Chevy, Suburban 2nd row dvd player?  I am sorry I have looked throughout this post and could not find anything.  I am desperate to fix this and can't figure out how to exactly do it successfully and where to get the part needed.  Any help I will greatly appreciate!

https://bfy.tw/TYLx

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/16/2017 at 11:46 PM, 67firebird455 said:

Same issue here, '15 Yukon XL Denali.  Quoted $700 to replace it.  If you open the screen slowly, there is a point where you can see video, it is clearly a ribbon connection issue.  Since I'm out of warranty, and GM could honestly give a rip about this lemon, I plan to take it apart and try and repair.  I've got my eye on a few other non-GM vehicles to trade this lemon in.

My 2015 GMC Yukon XL Denali had the same problem, and it was diagnosed as a bad screen unit, that is what they said, and DeMontrond Buick GMC, in Houston did the repair OUTSIDE warranty for $145.00 and has worked like a charm, 149526 miles now and was done at 87588.... GREAT dealership, 3years ago...

The only problem that I am having now is that the rear never did play through the Bose sound system, still cant figure it out...  It plays the DVD in the from and sound from all the speakers, but if I use the RES for USB, it will not have any sound, but was told that I needed a different headphone for this system, but I think that there is only wired, and NOT wireless capability?

I only have one remote to use for both screens..., also you can adjust the screen brightness with the remote for the rear screens and that made a world of difference for the screen, but still no luck with the wireless headphones..

Thanks

Judd

• 11 months later...
On 11/30/2017 at 9:57 PM, 67firebird455 said:

Anyone with second row overhead DVD issues in 2015+ GM suvs where the backlight works but no video, or you are unable to open the screen all the way without losing picture, the solution is easy. Remove, disassemble, and flip the 40 pin ribbon cable, reassemble, reinstall, and call it a day.

My 2015 Yukon XL Denali has just 50k on the ticker, and had this issue. GM is not standing behind the junk of a vehicle this has been within the two years of ownership, and I am not paying $700 to replace the second row DVD player.

I hope this helps someone with the same ridiculous problem. All you need is a Phillips screwdriver, a small flat-head, a ratchet/driver, and a 7mm socket.  This literally takes less than 30 minutes total to do.  

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

I can confirm that this worked for me. Just did this same process, and got the screen to work. It is a little funky with the positioning, but I'm glad to know the issue was just the ribbon cable. I'll be ordering that cable soon and doing this process again. Thank you!