Constant whine from engine

Anyone else have a 14 5.3 that constantly whines? Almost sounds like an alternator going bad or something but ive used a rubber tube trying to hear what the sound is coming from and there is no one place. You can hear it pretty well in the video and the motor was up to temp when it was recorded. the phone is sitting on the plastic radiator cover with the hood open.

Have you checked the PST fluid while it's running to see if it's foamy? Might be sucking air.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about all the models but I think there all electric now I know mine is

(Normal) yes the DI engines make some unfamiliar noises. Once they get the electric propulsion perfected we will have no noise and we will really miss the Real motor noises. Make sure and save that video so the grandkids know what a real truck sounds like.

• 6 months later...

My 2014 makes this same whine noise. I bought the truck used and did not really notice the whine until i began driving it regularly. It is constant at low speeds cold or hot. I initially thought it might be the transmission but after this video it seems like it could be the engine. I feared it was a bad alternator or steering pump etc... Engine is running strong. I am about to change the oil so we'll see if that makes a difference. Anyone find out where the noise is actually coming from?