2017 leveled with Stabilitrak issues

Sorry but did you guys remove the level kit and see if it continues to give you issues?

Also, trading it in after 2 months of ownership is crazy, you're going to get hit with such depreciation.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried raising tire pressure to 40 and made no difference.

Yea i called my salesman and the dealership offered me 40k for trade and the truck stickers for 58,555. So thats not happening.

No i haven't tried removing the leveling kit, mostly because wyomingcolt said he tried that and it didn't change anything, and i don't want to drop another 300+ in labor to have it removed if thats already been tried.

i would stop thinking its anything u did or modded. thousands of trucks are leveled and lifted daily....all with bigger tire set ups. Under warranty/aftermarket issues the part or mod needs to be the cause of the issue. with all the trouble shooting i dont see the level and tires being the issue. for the record i have a 2015 leveled and 33s...no issues.

Also to the tool that decided to troll the post and then bitch out....opinions are welcomed, assholes are not.

• Like 1

Ok, so what I've done so far to no avail is:

-Put stock tires back on

-Replaced left front hub

-Had machine shop machine my Diff spacers down

-Moved brake lines for more slack

-Checked and rechecked and rechecked abs wires

-Installed new bushing spacers for more Camber(this actually helped the ride and drive but not abs/stabilitrak issue) truck drives different but improved different

-Reset Ride control like 10 times

-Reset Steering angle yaw sensor like 10 times

None of this has fixed my ABS/Stabilitrak going off around corners. I now have one last shop in Colorado that specializes in lifting trucks as their business. All I have left to hope for is ride height sensors being my problem.

Put it back to stock, it's that simple. Why in the world people change the suspension/steering geometry and tire size and don't expect problems is mind boggling.

Computers do everything but steer for you, any deviation from stock and you're playing with fire.

Edited by isellpower
  • Like 2

Put it back to stock, it's that simple. Why in the world people change the suspension/steering geometry and tire size and don't expect problems is mind boggling.

Computers do everything but steer for you, any deviation from stock and you're playing with fire.

typical sheep type statement

Better not put mudflaps, steps, vent shades, or tonneaus on. Might cause issues with your flux capacitor and void your warranty. SMH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by wildchevys
  • Like 6

Ok, so what I've done so far to no avail is:

-Put stock tires back on

-Replaced left front hub

-Had machine shop machine my Diff spacers down

-Moved brake lines for more slack

-Checked and rechecked and rechecked abs wires

-Installed new bushing spacers for more Camber(this actually helped the ride and drive but not abs/stabilitrak issue) truck drives different but improved different

-Reset Ride control like 10 times

-Reset Steering angle yaw sensor like 10 times

None of this has fixed my ABS/Stabilitrak going off around corners. I now have one last shop in Colorado that specializes in lifting trucks as their business. All I have left to hope for is ride height sensors being my problem.

The local shop told me that too much axle end play can cause the ABS light to pop on corners...the air gap between the sensor and tone ring opens up during a turn. Something to consider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Sdeeter19555:

Thank u for your post. I have never heard of that. But how do u fix that!?

I really have no idea, on a c-clip axle that would mean the clip has too much play, which usually happens with lots of miles?

It's been almost 20 years since I was elbow deep in a rear differential, but want to remember you can shim either under the clip or under the side gear to take up some of that play? Thinking open carrier: the cross pin limits inward movement, the clip outward movement? You would shim under the side gear/clip until you could just get the cross pin installed. This was the method to tighten up a Lock-Right locker...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

2015 GMC 2500HD 4x4 | Cognito 4-6 in Lift | 35in Tires

I have the same StabiliTrack/ABS problem with my 2015 GMC 2500HD....

Dealership is unable to diagnose. Just started recently........

Edited by 2105GMC2500HD

• 4 weeks later...