2017 leveled with Stabilitrak issues

• 5 months later...
On 3/24/2019 at 11:50 PM, T.scheich said:

I know this is an old thread but did anyone have a solution for this fix with the OP. I have the same issues with my 2017 Sierra 

Yes, I had the same problem with a leveling kit using 33"tires. It was really bad when towing. The dealership recalibrated all sensors which helped, but the final fix was purchasing rough country's tire size calibrator $150. I have the edge programmer which fixes speedo but not the stability control. RC programmer does both computers(speedo & stability) . Yes it will work if you stack both programmers but first do edge then RC. Edge will over write RC and then it will feel like nothing helped. Unprogram in reverse order and it will go back to stock, but with most programmers the dealership can see traces. They can always reprogram back to stock for .5 hours of labor. 

Edited by Abiker21
Notify for replies

• 1 year later...
On 3/23/2017 at 1:37 PM, wyomingcolt said:

zcusker:

Ok, now someone else feels my pain. So I WORK for a GM Dealer. I also have a leveling kit on my 17 Sierra 6.2. I have the EXACT same issue. You aren't gunna like what I have to tell you. So, for 6 months, my GM service department has done the following to my truck all with a whopping 3400 miles on the odometer to remedy this:

-Replaced left front hub-found stuff slung inside it. Didn't fix issue

-Reset Ride control to zero more than 6 times

-Reset Steering angle sensor more than 6 times

-Reset Yaw/Stability sensor more than 6 times

-Per GM Tac line, graphed all 4 ABS sensors while I drove and the tech sat next to me with laptop. All graphed correctly

-Removed leveling kit and put the ACTUAL factory tires BACK on. NO DIFFERENCE MADE! Problem still there

Also, since we have like 10 trucks like this in stock all factory fresh, I DID get ONE of them to do this at FACTORY specs! Also, we have a GM AUTHORIZED truck conversion company that builds HUNDREDS of lifted trucks a year. I have 2 of them in stock NOW. These baby's are 6 Inch TOTAL lift jobs with 35" Humungous tires on them, NEITHER of them do this. I called the company that builds them, they never heard of such a thing EVER and they have build dozens of 17's with full lifts.

So, yes, holding the Stabilitrak/TC button WILL shut off the Stabilitrak(which is for sure your issue, not traction control) HOWEVER, it is set to come BACK on at 30 MPH and your abs module will start activating again. How do you remedy this? Well, you aren't gunna like this, but here's what I had to do 3 months ago. Pull fuse 3 under hood, then you will permanently get Service ABS, Service Stablitrak, Service trailer brake control on EVERY day, AND you WILL NOT HAVE CRUISE control! Same damn fuse. So for 3 months on a $65k truck, I have driven around with NO ABS/Stablitrak/Cruise control because it is actually SAFER than being on the highway exit ramp and having my ABS start pumping my brakes. This concern is DIRECTLY related to Stablitrak and all the inputs that activate Stabilitrak. So, that could mean the Stabilitrak module, ABS sensors/hubs, Yaw sensor, tires, the pitch of the vehicle since it is taller, Ride height control, Ride control reset, etc, etc.

My fine truck also has had to have 2 factory power running boards replaced, windshield(factory defects), right hand mirror replaced, and my THIRD torque converter just arrived today. Yes, 2 torque converters in 3400 miles. Since I work at a GM Dealership, I feel I am being ignored by GM. We have called Tac line many times. Nothing fixes the issue. If you DO find a fix, PLEASE contact me! We will NOT be the only ones having this issue that I can assure you. You are just the second person I have seen with the issue besides myself.

GM employee people, this is an issue. I am an indirect employee of yours. I am being brushed aside. I have been here for over 21 years at the same dealership. I have sold THOUSANDS of GM vehicles. I need answers NOW. I know some of you watch these Forums. Please contact me ASAP! This is unacceptable.

Ugh!!! Wish i read these forums before buying! I got it used with quite a few miles and the dealership had already lifted it and put 36” tires on it. I first noticed the steering wheel wasn’t straight even though it was driving straight. They said they may have not set it when doing the lift and it’s an easy fix.

Sometimes stabilitrak just shuts off on its own as well as steering assist and then it drives fine. But if it doesn’t shut off it starts yanking my truck around. Is it ok to just pull that fuse as you suggest?

i really don’t know a ton about trucks and i feel so dumb but none of this happened when I test drove it. 

Is there anything else I should look into on my truck? 

4 hours ago, Ammo1024 said:

Is it ok to just pull that fuse as you suggest?

Welcome to the site.

Thinking if you pull a fuse associated with Stabilitrak, the other "nannies" are not going to be happy, meaning your are going to get CEL's.

Take it somewhere you trust, and have them see if there are any codes stored. Are you getting the CEL on/flashing when the truck displays the messages? 

I don’t get any CELs it just lets me know the stabilitrak is off… but it doesn’t always shut off and when it’s on is when i have the problems. I don’t care if i have any lights on the dashboard but he did say it would also effect ABS and cruise, i don’t care about cruise just not sure if ABS will be an issue

3 hours ago, Ammo1024 said:

I don’t get any CELs it just lets me know the stabilitrak is off… but it doesn’t always shut off and when it’s on is when i have the problems. I don’t care if i have any lights on the dashboard but he did say it would also effect ABS and cruise, i don’t care about cruise just not sure if ABS will be an issue

Is your speedometer correct or does it read slower than you are traveling?

2 hours ago, mikeyk101 said:

Is your speedometer correct or does it read slower than you are traveling?

Yes i k ow that for sure as i passed one of those police speed scanners and it read close to the same

• 2 months later...

I am having the same kind of issue. I changed teh stereo about a year ago. I then lifted the truck 7 inch on 35s and started having issues shortly after. I would get stabilitrak warning and service 4x4 and loss of steering assist and the power steering would go out and loss of throttle control. Chevy told me it was the stereo and they would not work on it unless I put it back to stock. So I did, they said it was fixed. I drove it a few days and took it back to the shop to put the stereo back in because the stock was not working. Issue started up again. Took it back swapped it all back to stock sill have issues. Chevy is still saying it is the aftermarket stereo. So frustrating.