In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Travis1024

Leveled Silverado/Sierra Wheel Spacers

So I know the wheel spacer dilemma has been beat to death on these forums, but i have a SPECIFIC question here, and am hoping someone has experienced the same issue as me -

2016 Silverado z71 - stamped steel UCAs

OEM 20" GMC A/T wheels

33x12.50r20 Toyo M/T

2.5 inch Level w/ Bilsteins

My tires rub pretty bad on my UCA's. I know my 2 options are new UCA, or Wheel spacers. If i go spacers, they will be BORA hubcentric spacers.

Now my questions is probably geared more towards GMC A/T owners that have used wheel spacers, but has anyone used the BORA 1" spacers on these OEM wheels? Are the pockets on the wheels large enough to where I will not have to trim the stock studs?

I have read that the 1.5"+ work with most stock GM 20's and NO trimming is needed, but 1.5" will make my wheels stick out much further than I want. 1" is even a stretch for me, but would be the absolute most I would want to go.....

Any opinions here? FYI - new wheels w/ a different offset is out of the question haha. I love these wheels on my truck. Please help!!

post-160004-0-76817800-1488573719_thumb.jpg

Wow! Those wheels look good on that truck!

Definitely like the looks of that set up. I have the Bora spacers and I can't imagine the pockets on these wheels being large enough to accept the studs going with a 1" spacer but I don't know for sure.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had rub on my UCA after a 2.5" level and 33x12.5 tires. Slapped in 1/4" wheel spacers and no more rubbing. I know people don't like them but it solved my problem and I just make sure to recheck my lug nuts every 3k miles when rotating the MTs anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had rub on my UCA after a 2.5" level and 33x12.5 tires. Slapped in 1/4" wheel spacers and no more rubbing. I know people don't like them but it solved my problem and I just make sure to recheck my lug nuts every 3k miles when rotating the MTs anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome to know!

was your rub pretty bad to begin with? Mine is actually more turning forward than reverse which i thought was odd. Mine rubs just shy of full lock, but if i go to full lock it chirps badly

Go aftermarket UCAs. $500-600. Your suspension/ride will be much happier.

Plus no rocks thrown down the side of your truck.

Go aftermarket UCAs. $500-600. Your suspension/ride will be much happier.

Plus no rocks thrown down the side of your truck.

My only question with that would be - wouldn't aftermarket UCAs be even beefier and more robust, accentuating the issue even further? I figure the whole point of aftermarket UCA would be longer and beefier.

Edited by Travis1024

My only question with that would be - wouldn't aftermarket UCAs be even beefier and more robust, accentuating the issue even further? I figure the whole point of aftermarket UCA would be longer and beefier.

have you thought about a skinnier tire than a 33x12.5? more like a 275/65? a skinnier tire will probably help

have you thought about a skinnier tire than a 33x12.5? more like a 275/65? a skinnier tire will probably help

Honestly, that was my plan all along haha. The story though is that i found these for a STEAL ($1k) brand new on Cragslist because some dude mounted them and decided he wanted an AT rather than an MT. I do though, love the look of my tires sticking out just a hair like they are now. Maybe I'm just being too damn picky.....haha

What's the offset on the stock gm wheels you're using? +27 or +31? Many are running 20's with 2" level and 33's with no rub, atleast according to custom wheel offsets website.

I have new 1/4" rough country spacers I bought but turns out I don't need. Pm me if wanted

What's the offset on the stock gm wheels you're using? +27 or +31? Many are running 20's with 2" level and 33's with no rub, atleast according to custom wheel offsets website.

I think the variances in people's experiences are attributed to the different stock UCA widths.

He's got stamped steel. Many others with stamped steel have recently said they have rubbing issues with 2" and 33's.

Many of the aftermarket UCAs won't work with stock wheels.

I've yet to see a report of aftermarket UCAs that work with a 2-2.5" level, stock wheels, and 33" tires.

I have Camburg arms and stock wheels with 285 70 18 Nitto exo grapplers. No rubbing anywhere. This is with a little over 2.5 inch lift

• Like 1

I have Camburg arms and stock wheels with 285 70 18 Nitto exo grapplers. No rubbing anywhere. This is with a little over 2.5 inch lift

So your tires are 11.2" wide vs the OP's 12.5". Most people seem to be having issues rubbing with 33's or 305/50r20's, which are 12"+ width tires.