USB in Armrest Dead?

Looks like both of the USB ports in my center arm rest are no longer working. Has to be a very recent thing as the iPod I keep plugged in there is still charged up all the way.

Anyone else had this happen? Does anyone know if there's a fuse for these ports? I just haven't had time to look.

Tried known good devices, known good cables, moved this device/cable to a known good port... It's definitely the two ports.

Edited by ember1205

Looks like both of the USB ports in my center arm rest are no longer working. Has to be a very recent thing as the iPod I keep plugged in there is still charged up all the way.

Anyone else had this happen? Does anyone know if there's a fuse for these ports? I just haven't had time to look.

Tried known good devices, known good cables, moved this device/cable to a known good port... It's definitely the two ports.

The first thing that came to my mind is your ignition needs to be on for these to work and maybe you just discovered this by accident! At least this is how I found out! The dash power is always available.

There is a fuse. I don't remember which one but have had this happen with my work truck after the battery has gone dead. Needed to "reset" the system for the USB to charge or read my phone.

The first thing that came to my mind is your ignition needs to be on for these to work and maybe you just discovered this by accident! At least this is how I found out! The dash power is always available.

Yeah, well aware. The issue was discovered while the truck was running.

There is a fuse. I don't remember which one but have had this happen with my work truck after the battery has gone dead. Needed to "reset" the system for the USB to charge or read my phone.

Thanks. I'll take a look.

I pulled the panel off of the side of the dash. None of the fuses there seemed to be obviously labeled as having anything to do with the USB ports. Additionally, I'm not getting power OR data through the ports, so I'm going to have to make an appointment with the dealership to have it looked at.

It's the one you can move to change the lighter plugs to R.A.P. I had the same issue pull it and replace it. I believe it's the red one in the top right of the panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This red one with the 50

601a9b79693ecc86ab2e87904228a6b1.jpg

Edited by Madcow2020

It's the one you can move to change the lighter plugs to R.A.P. I had the same issue pull it and replace it. I believe it's the red one in the top right of the panel.

This red one with the 50

601a9b79693ecc86ab2e87904228a6b1.jpg

That fuse doesn't have anything to do with the USB port issue I'm having. The ports are dead. Period.

That fuse controls the lighter plug in the dash, these ports are in the armrest.

Yes I had the exact same problem. I pulled it for 30 seconds and replaced and mine started working. Worth a shot. My 12v power outlets were did also so if yours are too it might help.

When you say replace, do you mean put in a new one or re-place as in put the old back in? I looked at all of my accessory power fuses in both panels. I had success resetting the two lighter outlets but no luck with getting the USB ports to work. The fuses ohm out to be good still so as long as they're having continuity I don't understand how it could affect the USB ports.