Door Adjustment?

My drivers side door likes to rattling when going over bumps. Dealer said they would oblong the latch mounting holes and push the latch back to tighten it up. Looking for other remedies? Their is no adjustment in the striker or in the latch itself. Hoping to get the door to shut a bit tighter without modifying the door. What else can be done? Having a adjustable striker would make this fix to easy..

Are you sure it's the door itself? I have a intermittent rattle that seemed to be coming from the passenger door when going good over rough road or bumps. I ended up figuring out that the passenger seat belt rattles against the B pillar and sounds like something is really loose in the door. I just keep an eye on it and set it over onto the seat more. That keeps it away from the B pillar and I have no more noise. Hope your problem is this easy to fix, have a look and see if it helps. Good luck

Are you sure it's the door itself? I have a intermittent rattle that seemed to be coming from the passenger door when going good over rough road or bumps. I ended up figuring out that the passenger seat belt rattles against the B pillar and sounds like something is really loose in the door. I just keep an eye on it and set it over onto the seat more. That keeps it away from the B pillar and I have no more noise. Hope your problem is this easy to fix, have a look and see if it helps. Good luck

Thanks, but it is definitely the drivers door.

• 3 years later...
On 4/3/2017 at 7:34 PM, grnmtnboy said:

Thanks, but it is definitely the drivers door.

Did you ever figure it out?  I have the same issue on my passenger side door. its driving me insane. 

I would pull your door panel off and check inside the door. I had a passenger front door rattle that was a loose window motor, One bolt not tightened from the factory.  Also rear half door that the lock rod that connects to the lock actuator came out of its little plastic clip.  All simple little easy fixes. But gotta investigate and take off the door panel.