What size rear block

I have searched every forum I could find be and could not find the answer to what I was looking for. I bought a 2015 Silverado crew cab with a levelling kit already installed, so I am unsure of the levelling kit height. From the ground to top of all 4 wheel wells measure 38 3/8". Most posts I find have guys using a 2 or 3 inch rear block depending on the size of their levelling kit. I would like to add some rake back to the truck so the reAr end isn't lower than the front when towing my ATV or boat. From what I can gather the factory block is 1.25". Does anyone have any opinions on what size block? Is a .75" rear ended lift enough? Will a 1.75" lift be too much if I use a 3"?

Does a 3 inch block actually provide 1.75" of lift over stock? Can I just jack the rear of the truck up .75" and then 1.75" to get a feel for what it would look like?

The readylift 2 inch block I just installed is actually 2.25 inches and provides a full inch at the rear. It's enough that with a few hundred pounds in the bed, I sit level as opposed to squatting. With an empty bed there is a nice amount of rake, but not the excessive factory faceplant.

I personally would not have installed a new rear block with just a 2" front level, but I'm at 3 inches in the front and I'm happy with the results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bushleaguechew

• 9 months later...
On 4/10/2017 at 5:46 PM, Bushleaguechew said:

The readylift 2 inch block I just installed is actually 2.25 inches and provides a full inch at the rear. It's enough that with a few hundred pounds in the bed, I sit level as opposed to squatting. With an empty bed there is a nice amount of rake, but not the excessive factory faceplant.

I personally would not have installed a new rear block with just a 2" front level, but I'm at 3 inches in the front and I'm happy with the results

I was seconds away from pulling the trigger on the ReadyLift 2.25" blocks in conjunction with the Bilstein 5100s, but all of a sudden started coming across this issue with those rear blocks being tapered, and driveline vibration issues.  ReadyLift website isn't clear whether they are tapered or not, and other retailers carrying the kit conflict; some say tapered and some say not tapered.  Any chance you can confirm whether yours were?  And have you had any vibration issues since installing?

Thanks!

I was seconds away from pulling the trigger on the ReadyLift 2.25" blocks in conjunction with the Bilstein 5100s, but all of a sudden started coming across this issue with those rear blocks being tapered, and driveline vibration issues.  ReadyLift website isn't clear whether they are tapered or not, and other retailers carrying the kit conflict; some say tapered and some say not tapered.  Any chance you can confirm whether yours were?  And have you had any vibration issues since installing?

Thanks!

My truck vibrates at 75-85. Can’t say for certain if it’s the block or not. I don’t believe it was tapered but I can double check later.

51 minutes ago, Bushleaguechew said:

My truck vibrates at 75-85. Can’t say for certain if it’s the block or not. I don’t believe it was tapered but I can double check later.

Thank you sir.  I finally just got ahold of ReadyLift direct and the gentleman I spoke with told me they are NOT tapered.  He seemed to be answering from his own personal knowledge/experience and reassured me they are flat.  Still skeptical, I went in and downloaded the PDF installation documents, and sure enough, it specifically states and illustrates pointing the tapered-down side toward the front of the truck.  Sigh.  Let me know what you find later on when you have a chance, I really appreciate it!!

Welp, went ahead and ordered the RL 2.25" blocks which arrived. Of course, even after I was reassured directly by RL these blocks were flat, they ARE tapered. Albeit small, the taper is 1/8th inch, from my understanding of pinion and driveline angles, this is a sure fire recipe for driveline vibration issues. I can't believe these companies manufacture parts without understanding the need for the driveline angles to cancel out to ensure rotations stay constant on each side of the drive shaft. 

• 3 years later...

I installed readylift 2.25 rear blocks (# 66-3002) about 2 weeks ago. I can confirm they do have a very slight taper which you install pointing the taper forward.

With the U-bolts tightened down, it appears to sit flat & flush against the leaf spring.

In the limited amount of driving since then, I haven't noticed any vibrations at all.

20210405_103142.jpg

20210405_103344.jpg

20210405_110105.jpg

Edited by YYC-SIERRA

I’ve had the RL 2.25 rear blocks for about 9 months and I don’t have any vibrations in the truck.

My front is leveled with Bilstein 6112s on the top notch. I have a Leer topper on the bed and the truck looks level. I need to measure it for sure, but I am wondering if I would like it a little better with an add-a-leaf to get back a little more rake.

e66ef7b3c70565e915cc0c3285cb02fb.jpg

3 hours ago, Mike Genther said:

i have a 2015 chevy silverado with 7 inch rear blocks no one can tell me what size lift i have 

Stock block is 1", your lift is a 6" and, hopefully, you don't have stacked blocks.

Edited by MikeBMW