I am trying to figure out if I have intellibeam or not. I don't know how to turn it on or of if I have it or is it just automagically on. I cannot find any info for a 2017 Duramax Chevy 2500HD LTZ with the Z71 package and the custom sport package. Any help would be very much appreciated

Edited by chevy2500

Thanks Mike. I will try this when I get home this evening. I did find on another site that said check the RPO sticker for TQ5. I will check that also. I really appreciate the info.

Well looking at the RPO codes I don't have intellibeam. Not a big deal but if I had it I sure wanted to try it. Not sure if it is only a 1/2 ton deal or not. I do have a friend that has a 1/2 ton and has it. He said it works ok but doesn't work as consistently as he would like so he disabled it. Sounds like a good idea but there may be a few bugs to work out of it still.

TQ5 Headlight, IntelliBeam, automatic high beam on/off

1 - Included and only available with (Y86) Enhanced Driver Alert Package.

Y86 Enhanced Driver Alert Package, includes (UHX) Lane Keep Assist, (TQ5) IntelliBeam headlamps, (UHY) Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking, (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist and (UEU) Forward Collision Alert, Safety Alert Seat

On LT -- Requires Regular Cab model. Requires (PCM) LT Convenience Package, (AZ3) seats 40/20/40 split-bench with (H0U) Jet Black cloth interior trim and (AG1) driver 10-way power seat adjuster.

On LTZ -- Requires Crew Cab or Double Cab model. Requires (PDF) LTZ Plus Package (KQV) heated and vented driver and front passenger seating, (AN3) front bucket seats and (H3A), (H3B) or (H3C) interior trim.

2500/3500 does not appear to have Y86 or TQ5 available on either Chev or GMC (including Denali).

• 9 months later...
On 2017-04-22 at 9:17 PM, redwngr said:
2500/3500 does not appear to have Y86 or TQ5 available on either Chev or GMC (including Denali).

Hmm, another feature I've lost after having it in the RAM (TPMS is another). I'm disappointed that the luster of the Denali trim is dulled by the exclusion of what I'd have thought are no-brainer options. It's not enough to dissuade from my Sierra 3500 HD as it drives like a dream, but it's definitely a head-scratcher.

• 1 year later...

I like it.  It seems to work well for me in the back woods of NC and out on the interstate.  On my 2019 Silverado you have to turn it off.  It is on automatically.  On our 2016 Suburban you have to turn it on if you want it on.  Not sure why they switched it to always on but it is easy to turn off.