Trading month old Silverado

I purchased a new 2017 Silverado LTZ Z71 5.3 with the 6 speed 3.42 gears. I test drove it for only 6 miles. I love everything about this truck but the powertrain. I went in to my dealer and told them that I was not happy with the shifting and the power of the truck. At this point I had 1200 miles on it. (Mind you I just sold my 2004 Silverado SS that would run 12.50's in the 1/4 mile). So they let me test drive the exact same truck but with a 6.2 8 speed with 3.23 gears. I told them I would like to put some miles on it so I did. Now I am trading it in for the new 6.2 8 speed. There is a huge difference in performance. I took a $3000 hit but it was my fault and the dealer is swapping my 22" wheels on the new truck. Whipple is now in the future. Oh..... Black thats the color.

The power of the 6.2 would make me trade in a heartbeat, unfortunately the traffic and the law in southern california wouldn't allow me to use it much often. Pfffftt.

Good choice...Should've been your original choice .

So if you put a whipple on the 5.3 you would have been just 50 HP under the 6.2 with a whipple. The difference would be the thousands of dollars you would have to spend doing it with the 6.2 for that little increase in HP. This is according to articles I read here a few years back. If you have access to E-85 the differents would be 40 HP with the 5.3 stock. It only money.

The difference was 50 HP in the articles I read. The people I knew that raced supercharged cars it depended on TQ range more than amount of gears. Most went with 3 speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference was 50 HP in the articles I read. The people I knew that raced supercharged cars it depended on TQ range more than amount of gears. Most went with 3 speeds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out Hennessey kits.

$3K is not a very big hit especially when you ended up with a much more expensive engine option. Now that you have the new truck what performance improvements have you noticed?

My SS was Black I really loved the truck but these new ones I love too. I am taking delivery tomorrow. The dealer has been great. I think because I went to them with a good attitude. I know I should of done more research but I can't change the past. I will take pics when I get it.

I purchased a new 2017 Silverado LTZ Z71 5.3 with the 6 speed 3.42 gears. I test drove it for only 6 miles. I love everything about this truck but the powertrain. I went in to my dealer and told them that I was not happy with the shifting and the power of the truck. At this point I had 1200 miles on it. (Mind you I just sold my 2004 Silverado SS that would run 12.50's in the 1/4 mile). So they let me test drive the exact same truck but with a 6.2 8 speed with 3.23 gears. I told them I would like to put some miles on it so I did. Now I am trading it in for the new 6.2 8 speed. There is a huge difference in performance. I took a $3000 hit but it was my fault and the dealer is swapping my 22" wheels on the new truck. Whipple is now in the future. Oh..... Black thats the color.

What $3000 hit????? There's a $2,495 + tax difference between the 6.2/3.23/8 vs. the 5.3/2.42/6 for the exact truck so the deal actually cost less than $500 which is worth every nickel for your happiness with the vehicle vs. fretting about it every time your a$$ hits the driver's seat! Good move.

Archived