Mobil-1 rebate

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mobil also has a rebate for the Diesel oil as well. $35 for the 1300 15w-40 5 gallon bucket and $60 for the mobil 1 5w-40 synthetic. Plus Auto zone has the 5 gallon 15w-40 for $66ish.

Walmart although not listed will work for the rebate offers. The list says it's not comprehensive. If you're still not sure call Mobil's rebate # and they'll tell you the same thing. Or read the dozens of posts on slickdeals where people answer the same question over and over again lol. 2 per person/household per rebate period. So if you did the one before August 1st you can do the new one that started August 1st. I've now got 20 gallons of 15w-40 which should last me 2 years if I change every 6 months.

• 4 weeks later...

If you use Ibotta, they're currently running a rebate for $5 back on Mobil 1 Extended Performance and you can use it up to two times. That gets you down to $9/5qt jug.

Scratch that, Ibotta is for Annual Protection which isn't included in the rebate.

• 3 weeks later...

For those wondering if oil purchased at WalMart is eligible, it is. I submitted the rebate form online on August 8, and the rebate check came yesterday. You can pretty much count on almost 2 months for delivery of the check.

Yep walmart works. Unfortunately they don't carry 5 gallon buckets of the diesel oil. I got my $70 check last Friday. Submitted the rebate on Aug 2nd or 3rd so pretty quick turn around.

edit

Oil not fuel lol

Yep walmart works. Unfortunately they don't carry 5 gallon buckets of the diesel fuel. I got my $70 check last Friday. Submitted the rebate on Aug 2nd or 3rd so pretty quick turn around.

Edit: I see where you bought the diesel

Has anyone tried to get the rebate after buying from Costco? They have Mobil 1 on sale this month.

There's a number to call to ask and see if they accept Costco if it's not listed on their non complete list of accepted retailers. The number is somewhere, I think on the promotions page.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/3/2017 at 3:16 PM, bndawgs said:

Thanks for the heads up! 

• 3 weeks later...

Incase anyone is wanting to use the Mobil One rebate, note it must be form a participating retailer only, and Wal-Mart is not one of them. I tried and after a few months called and was told just that, thus no rebate :(   Rebate or not, Wal-Mart still has the best price around. 

Incase anyone is wanting to use the Mobil One rebate, note it must be form a participating retailer only, and Wal-Mart is not one of them. I tried and after a few months called and was told just that, thus no rebate [emoji20]   Rebate or not, Wal-Mart still has the best price around. 
This is the time of year to watch both Amazon and Walmart for your oil-of-choice.

I bought a batch of Mobil last year for $20/jug, got Pennzoil Platinum for the same price. Delco Dex VI was also on sale by the gallon...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, reardiff said:

Incase anyone is wanting to use the Mobil One rebate, note it must be form a participating retailer only, and Wal-Mart is not one of them. I tried and after a few months called and was told just that, thus no rebate :(   Rebate or not, Wal-Mart still has the best price around. 

I purchased 2 5 gallon jugs from WalMart back in August, submitted the rebate form online on August 8, and received the rebate on October 2.

Very interesting.... I waited several weeks and finally called and they told me Wal-Mart was not a participating retailer and not eligible for a rebate. Sure enough I looked on the site and Wal-Mart wasn't on the list of retailers.  Wonder if it's hit or miss on who is entering the rebate when they get it.   :sigh:    

Hearing this, I may try it again at some point and see if it works, thanks for sharing you experience.    By they way Wal-Marts regular price (in my area at least) is $25 for 5 quart jug.  Never seen it much lower than that anywhere.  

12 hours ago, reardiff said:

You're just wrong. Plenty of people have purchased from Wally and received the rebate with no issues. In fact you can call the rebate center and find out that Wally is approved. The wording on the form only lists "some" of the approved retailers, meaning it's not a comprehensive list.

I personally purchased 10 jugs and received all the rebates in a timely manner.

You should call them again to see if you can still get this issue resolved. The only issue that I know of with wally has been purchasing online for store pickup and people not submitting the correct receipt information

Archived