Adding a Dual Battery

But since i have a charge wire connecting batt1 and batt2, they should both see the same voltage. Right? So in theory, if I was pulling alot of power for the stereo, batt2 to the amps, the charge cable connected to batt1 and batt2 should equal out voltages between the 2 batts., then the alt would sense the lower voltage, and adjust charging amperage. 

If i did not have a cable from batt1 to batt2, then i would agree with you because then the alt really wouldnt know how to charge batt2.  It would really only charge accordingly to what batt1 would require. 

1 minute ago, RACERX7775 said:

But since i have a charge wire connecting batt1 and batt2, they should both see the same voltage. Right? So in theory, if I was pulling alot of power for the stereo, batt2 to the amps, the charge cable connected to batt1 and batt2 should equal out voltages between the 2 batts., then the alt would sense the lower voltage, and adjust charging amperage. 

If i did not have a cable from batt1 to batt2, then i would agree with you because then the alt really wouldnt know how to charge batt2.  It would really only charge accordingly to what batt1 would require. 

The sensor on the ground is what regulates it. Maybe im just not understanding how you have it but i know ive fought with that issie a bit a few years ago

Both batteries are factory Delco batteries I bought at the dealer.  My original 2014 battery died a month before I started touching the truck. Thats why I bought the second Delco battery to match. They have a great warranty. And I wasnt spending the money for a XS or Oddessy batteries.  I wanted factory fit and matching batteries. I  know this might not be what others like or would do, but it works for me.

20181124_132130.jpg

Screenshot_20181124-134731_Gallery.jpg

Edited by RACERX7775

2 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

Correct. Completely.  And i just zoomed in. The stud where i connected to is fused at 125 amps. Not 175... but the second battery will never draw that much.

Ido see issues in your future from what i dealt with.  Your sensor is on the battery that thr alt isnt hooked up to   but if it works for now. Just run it until you have an issue.   This was when i had single alt in my 07c. 

20181124_104655.jpg

1 minute ago, RACERX7775 said:

Nice install. Yeah. Im pretty sure the alt wont last forever. One of these days, itll be all redone under there. But thats after the factory alt takes a crap.

1 think i would change is the curcuit breakers. Those wear out.  

Both batteries are factory Delco batteries I bought at the dealer.  My original 2014 battery died a month before I started touching the truck. Thats why I bought the second Delco battery to match. They have a great warranty. And I wasnt spending the money for a XS or Oddessy batteries.  I wanted factory fit and matching batteries. I  know this might not be what others like or would do, but it works for me.
20181124_132130.thumb.jpg.3bfa120ae13190ad8df2f14c6a080c3f.jpg

Screenshot_20181124-134731_Gallery.thumb.jpg.27d812e09df1c8bb6d4029a3101a8951.jpg
Only thing I would change with that wireing is get rid of the wire between batteries and just let the alternator charge both. One would assume all the aftermarket higher amp goodies are hooked up to batt2 anyways. And voltage flows in all directions at once. But I also assumed you miss drew the diagram and have the stock alt to batt1 wire still there. So the wire across the engine bay isn't needed.
I'm not as worried about the alternator as I am the batteries. Fast is if one goes weak it will shorten up the life of the other and the alt as well. But same as mine.

Nice taste in batteries Nasty.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

But I also assumed you miss drew the diagram and have the stock alt to batt1 wire still there. So the wire across the engine bay isn't needed.

Hmmm. I do have the factory wire from alt to batt1.

30 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

Hmmm. I do have the factory wire from alt to batt1.

Yes have the alt charge the oem battery where the sensor is 

50 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Only thing I would change with that wireing is get rid of the wire between batteries and just let the alternator charge both. One would assume all the aftermarket higher amp goodies are hooked up to batt2 anyways. And voltage flows in all directions at once. But I also assumed you miss drew the diagram and have the stock alt to batt1 wire still there. So the wire across the engine bay isn't needed.
I'm not as worried about the alternator as I am the batteries. Fast is if one goes weak it will shorten up the life of the other and the alt as well. But same as mine.

Nice taste in batteries Nasty.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Its all ive ever used. I used to compete in audio. Those batteries take a beating. That truck still has the original xs battery i put in it when i got it almlst 7 years ago. They tske a beating and last forever. Even longer if you get thr xs charger and do the maintenance charge every so often. Ues theyre a little expensive but they last way longer