Adding a Dual Battery

6 minutes ago, RACERX7775 said:

What about adding another ground sensor for batt2 and wire that one into the factory sensor... they only cost like $25.

Im not sure of that would work. No clue if the truck could regulate 2    might as well give it a try.  

Personally i would have wired it differantly and upgraded the ground and alt wire but thats just me   

3 hours ago, Nasty said:

Personally i would have wired it differantly and upgraded the ground and alt wire but thats just me   

Usually, that would be the first thing i usually would do. But when i did the stereo on this truck, for some reason, since i did the charge cable to the second battery, i didnt wanna touch anything that was attached to the factory battery. I dont know why.... but that was just my thought...

This discussion has way more posts than i ever thought. The thing i noticed about some threads on here is, like this one, we can have thoughts and posts, right or wrong, and none of us has been rude, disrespectful, and nasty(no pun intended). This just shows that most who are on here really are nice people who want to help others.  

Wow, i feel like my fem side just came out. LOL... Now Im gonna finish my beer...

Hi guys.. hope you don't mind me asking a question related to the dual battery... I'm running a factory isolator which needs a 12v and a 12v switched. My truck being a 2018 there don't seem to be alot of information regarding this... is there a switched 12v in the under hood fuse box ?

Hi guys.. hope you don't mind me asking a question related to the dual battery... I'm running a factory isolator which needs a 12v and a 12v switched. My truck being a 2018 there don't seem to be alot of information regarding this... is there a switched 12v in the under hood

I was litterally just on the internet looking at 200amp isolators for $59.
Yes this stock part is cheaper but not rated as high not that that is needed. But the price on the wiring for gm is up there. Still 200 for the whole kit isn't bad.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I guess depending on how much power is needed, it might be a good way to go. With both of my JL Audio amps, my max power is only 130 amps. I just tend to go bigger than what is needed. With everything. Thats why all my cable is 2/0..