Can I get a littler throatier sound without any significant MOD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got off the phone with a local GM dealer and I asked them if I cut off the muffler would it void warranty and they told me yes and it might create the truck to run rough because of a back pressure issue but they weren't totally positive about the runnin rough....I have a 2017 Silverado 1500 5.3L and want to do this but I want to know if there actually would be an issue or not and how it all worked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never trust the dealer. I did the delete. My warranty is still good. Dealers are full of shit

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Well this morning I got it cut off and it sounds just right!! It's perfect!! No drone, helicopter noise, nothing......I love it

Piece of cake right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Yes!! I was overthinking the whole thing

It happens. I was the same way after I got my truck. I would over think any mod to it because I bought mine at 20 and it'll be with me for a while hopefully.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Well this morning I got it cut off and it sounds just right!! It's perfect!! No drone, helicopter noise, nothing......I love it

So you left just the flapper? Got pics?

I bet you will be able to hear the difference when it is in V4 - Took me awhile but now I can tell most of the time when it switches back and forth...........

:driving:

Yeah, I can hear the difference now and I do notice the helicopter noise only when slowing down I'll post some pics

Excellent install - would love to hear that in person - first flapper only install I have seen posted. Tell ya what - one thing I noticed right away - now that I can hear the exhaust - it is easy to hear the difference when it is shifting thru the gears - helps you anticipate and feel it shift to....

:driving:

I would like to get a little more of a heavy sound but really don't want to do any major modifications. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

F

MIT will give a more throaty sound on rev without hardly any modification.

https://www.amazon.com/AIRAID-200-985-Modular-Intake-Tube/dp/B00O65H6S4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1498669851&sr=8-6&keywords=intake+tube

There's a few youtube videos with it that will let you hear the difference.

Can't tell from the pictures but try it with the valve pinned open. That's how I kept mine after trying it. No I can hear it remote start from the bedroom when getting ready for work. Lol

MIT will give a more throaty sound on rev without hardly any modification.

https://www.amazon.com/AIRAID-200-985-Modular-Intake-Tube/dp/B00O65H6S4/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1498669851&sr=8-6&keywords=intake+tube

There's a few youtube videos with it that will let you hear the difference.

i like this intake tube, keeps the stock box but removed the ugly stock intake tube. do you have one? thoughts on it?

Archived