Silverado Audio question

This side seems more active than the actual audio forum so I figure id ask here

looking to get either the kicker vss w/ amp for just under $600 or buying front and rear speakers for my 2015 silverado non-bose.

I want to know from peoples experience if just getting the sub will increase the sound of the factory speakers or just getting the speakers first and get a sub later down the road. Not looking for crazy bass just something more better than factory as mine is kinda crap.

if others have better luck with a different setup let me know. I usually go with JL Audio but see mostly everyone running kicker on their trucks

Most people get this kicker option because it is plug and play for the most part. It's expensive and relatively lower wattage than most "systems". I installed a 12" woofer under my rear seat for much much less.

It also depends on what you want. Do you want added bass or mids/highs. Don't expect great bass from 6x9 door speakers. They'll distort pretty quickly.

Im not looking for crazy bass but mainly more mids/highs.

I recently got 2 10's installed in mine. Sounds good, but man that 4.3'' radio is WEAK, turned all the way up, its still not that loud. I wonder if the larger screen radios have better volume output?

I have bose, but have always been an audio nut. Personally I would add an audiocontrol lc2i along with a 5 channel amp. Replacing all speakers and powering them off the amp as well as a small sub.

But on a budget start with just front door speakers. Don't worry too much about rear speakers unless they are blown, just fade more to the front. The rear speakers aren't all that important think if you are at a concert how much is behind you? Then as budget allows add a high quality interface or processor to add an amp and sub. The kicker vvs is a nice system, but as others have stated you can get a lot more for the money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have bose, but have always been an audio nut. Personally I would add an audiocontrol lc2i along with a 5 channel amp. Replacing all speakers and powering them off the amp as well as a small sub.

But on a budget start with just front door speakers. Don't worry too much about rear speakers unless they are blown, just fade more to the front. The rear speakers aren't all that important think if you are at a concert how much is behind you? Then as budget allows add a high quality interface or processor to add an amp and sub. The kicker vvs is a nice system, but as others have stated you can get a lot more for the money.

Thanks for that information. I guess I will start with the door speakers. Any specific one you recommend? Im looking at JL, Kicker, or ARC audio just trying to narrow it down

All good options, I'm a little less main stream. If you are okay with purchasing online look into skar or Ct sounds, you tend to get a little more bang for your buck. Read reviews and specs, high price tags don't always mean better.

Need to do something to mine as well.......Non Bose. It all just sounds so muddy. Don't need crazy bass........just crisp and clean. Wish Klipsch made car speakers.......although they would be expensive. My Denon w/ Klipsch home system sounds so clean. Wouldn't want to go crazy with it either.....gotta watch the dollars you know.

I was on the same boat as you but I just wanted bass back. Started by just adding subs and changing door speakers. I thought it was fine but I wanted more volume so I revised my system. Now I'm running Focal 6.5's in my front doors, Audible Physics 3" in the dash, Audible Physics tweeters in the sail panels, Image Dynamic 10's and being powered by a Sundown Audio SAZ-1200D,ARC Audio XDi V2 1200.6, and Helix C-DSP. The sound is absolutely phenomenal and I don't regret it one bit. Only changing door speakers and adding an amp for them is not going to give you enough bass that you want. You need to at least add a sub. The dash speakers are and absolutely nightmare to find one that fits. I ended up working with a dremel for nearly 6 hours to fit the massive 3" AP speakers in there and there is no way I can go back to stock because it would fall right through. Check out my started threads and i have done a full write up on non-bose install with pictures as well as some speakers I tested for the dash. Good luck

Any issues with the amp "amplifying" the turn signal, door chime and other sounds that are routed to the front drivers side speaker?

If so, how did you get around that?

Thanks,

-S

Thanks for the info guys

Went to a local reputable car audio shop and asked for advice. I was advised to keep my door speakers factory for now and just add an amp to the speakers and do a sub/amp setup. For that i was quoted around $1600 for a multi channel alpine amp, 8" JL sub with enclosure installed and all that. Then if i still wanted door speakers i could add some for around $5-600.

So looking at around $2500 rough after all said and done.

Archived