Illuminated Door Handles

Thought I'd share an update. I had the door handles installed with just the regular LED that was in the door. I did a whole retrofit and bought from Profile Prism Sequential LED strips(6"). Crossed my fingers and dug(dremeled) out the backside of the door handle to fit the LED strips, sealed them up and wired them back up. Now they come on with park-lamp(white) and turn signal. I did also wire up the regular LED to come on with the puddle lamp, but at night, the park lamp comes on, so it outshines the OE LED in the door default_sad.png. I did keep the option in the door to switch it out to that if the normal park-lamp LED was too bright(unless I get complaints, it' the bright LED [emoji3] ).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason, couldn't edit my other post to add these on there. This is what I did to the LED insert part of the door handle to install the profile prism sequential.

This is settig it up to get some silicone.
f9b9217e54eab3e37b33108e6a90cd8c.jpg

Then letting it dry. Did it in 3 parts. This was the final part (first was a thin layer on the back end, followed by the second thicker layer)where I did the front part after it cured. Using clamps to hold it on place and keep it pressed against the handle while the silicone sets.

3f47e58485befd826b1d4f6de985daa9.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk