Illuminated Door Handles

Can i remove the chrome trim while installed on the truck? going off of memory, it's just a few tabs right?

For the handle part, you have to remove the screw at the end, and then have to slide it off, towards the rear(if it's on the truck already), not sure if the part that bends around the end will clear the smaller part. Also, the small part(other part of the handle), you have to release the tabs from inside...

Sure, no problem, but the install might not happen anytime soon. Weekends are getting busy and so is work. I just wanted to have the parts ready just in case I get an unexpected free weekend.. [emoji1]

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

No problem as I am not in a hurry to spend more money either! LOL

I didn't even know this was a thing . . . :dunno:

Oh no :banghead:

Neither did I, but my hats off to people like Phil who like to tinker and think of these things!

• Like 2

No problem as I am not in a hurry to spend more money either! LOL

Neither did I, but my hats off to people like Phil who like to tinker and think of these things!

Thanks! I saw someone posted about these handles here and actually did. So while I was certainly not the first, I wanted to share and document my experience so that others could can also achieve this upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Wanted to share some pics on the driver side door “Keyhole Delete” when retrofitting these handles.

Thanks to @cbrsilv15 for the tip!

I left my cylinder in the base as I didn’t want to mess with the removing it. So when you remove the base, the cylinder stays in.

The worry I had was in the event of a dead battery, how I could get into the truck. Well, thanks to @cbrsilv15, he shared the process.

Pull the handle, and push the cover off to reveal the key hole. It was that easy!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170924/4d37f09468d2308c95ae8809b836765f.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170924/bcf252cb222a2637707ac76c0101cd44.heic

• Like 7

Wanted to share some pics on the driver side door “Keyhole Delete” when retrofitting these handles.

Thanks to @cbrsilv15 for the tip!

I left my cylinder in the base as I didn’t want to mess with the removing it. So when you remove the base, the cylinder stays in.

The worry I had was in the event of a dead battery, how I could get into the truck. Well, thanks to @cbrsilv15, he shared the process.

Pull the handle, and push the cover off to reveal the key hole. It was that easy!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170924/4d37f09468d2308c95ae8809b836765f.heic

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170924/bcf252cb222a2637707ac76c0101cd44.heic

Was it really that easy to pull off? From you video I thought you had to push up on some tabs from underneath.

Now I feel like gave bndawgs wrong info on removing the chrome trim pieces once it's already in place.. :banghead:

• Like 1

Just finished adding Escalade - Illuminated Door Handles. Made a "How-To" video for it. Took me about 6 hours but mainly due to recording the video.

Look the new look!

Looks great can't wait to do this. Thanks for sharing.

Was it really that easy to pull off? From you video I thought you had to push up on some tabs from underneath.

Now I feel like gave bndawgs wrong info on removing the chrome trim pieces once it's already in place.. :banghead:

There are tabs underneath but when cbsilv15 shared a YouTube video of a dealer showing how to access in the case of a dead battery, I tried it and it worked.
  • Like 1