Illuminated Door Handles

and is mouser the best place to get the connectors needed? looks like a min of $8 shipping for maybe 12 oz worth of stuff

I use their live chat and ask for alternate part #s/packaging. If you're having trouble, PM me and I'll see what in can do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

My door handles just arrived in the mail today. All the LED lights works and it looks like I'll have to get them painted to match my Graphite Metallic, so much for the Tungsten.. :tumbleweed:

post-170057-0-86965800-1505975865_thumb.jpg

One thing I notice, the middle of the handle where the outer trim meets the handle(center arch), there is a little gap. I thought was only on one handle, but it's on all of them. When I loosen the screw at the base, it closed the gap a little to where it's not that noticeable. Might have to trim or look at some other way to get it to sit flush with the other part of the handle.. :dunno: I might contact the seller and see if his other handles have this going on with them as well... good thing I'm still missing a piece and in no hurry to do the install.. :D

post-170057-0-95834200-1505975877_thumb.jpg

I still need to chat with Mouser folks to get alternative #s for the part I'm missing. And I was looking at the LED piece.. and was already thinking if I should attempt to switch out the LED to a different color.. :D

Edited by jpinoy
  • Like 2

My door handles just arrived in the mail today. All the LED lights works and it looks like I'll have to get them painted to match my Graphite Metallic, so much for the Tungsten.. :tumbleweed:

attachicon.gifIMG_20170920_231109770.jpg

One thing I notice, the middle of the handle where the outer trim meets the handle(center arch), there is a little gap. I thought was only on one handle, but it's on all of them. When I loosen the screw at the base, it closed the gap a little to where it's not that noticeable. Might have to trim or look at some other way to get it to sit flush with the other part of the handle.. :dunno: I might contact the seller and see if his other handles have this going on with them as well... good thing I'm still missing a piece and in no hurry to do the install.. :D

attachicon.gifIMG_20170920_231208924.jpg

I still need to chat with Mouser folks to get alternative #s for the part I'm missing. And I was looking at the LED piece.. and was already thinking if I should attempt to switch out the LED to a different color.. :D

i ordered the same set, so i'll see what they look like when i get them today. i'm really hoping that the tungsten matches my tungsten. sounds silly i know, but i'm trying to keep the install cost down on these.

i ordered the same set, so i'll see what they look like when i get them today. i'm really hoping that the tungsten matches my tungsten. sounds silly i know, but i'm trying to keep the install cost down on these.

Well, I messaged them last night and he replied that it looks like they all are like the one I got, with that little gap. Not sure if he physically checked them all.. But that's the response I got.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well, I messaged them last night and he replied that it looks like they all are like the one I got, with that little gap. Not sure if he physically checked them all.. But that's the response I got.

Good luck!

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I need to recheck mine to see if I have this issue.

• Like 1

I edited the parts list count... I didn't realize my counts were off. For (4) doors. Also pins needed for the door harness/body side connectors.

I think I got them right.

@bndawgs, please confirm.

attachicon.gifIMG_20170920_231109770.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_20170920_231208924.jpg

Let me know how you like it after it's painted and post some pictures as I'm kinda interested in it and have the same color truck as you.

• Like 2

Let me know how you like it after it's painted and post some pictures as I'm kinda interested in it and have the same color truck as you.

Sure, no problem, but the install might not happen anytime soon. Weekends are getting busy and so is work. I just wanted to have the parts ready just in case I get an unexpected free weekend.. [emoji1]

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

• Like 1