Insanely loud door chime - '18 Acadia

I am ready to take my '18 Acadia back for a refund. The door chime is insanely loud and I am almost deaf! And yes, I have the chime volume turned all the way down on the Bose entertainment system. I have a sound level meter & plan on measuring the level.

As a retired GM Engineer, I can't imagine how the GMC engineers would permit such a continued mistake. I looked thru this forum & online & this has been a constant complaint item for years. It is what we used to call a "Perennial" back when I was working. It has to be a continued and significant warranty cost to GM.

I would like to contact the Acadia Chief Engineer and ask her/him what they were thinking & how do I get it fixed.

I know there are bulletins out there for older vehicles. Is there a bulletin for the 2018 that I can reference when I take it back to the dealer?

Thanx - Bob

• 2 years later...

I know this is a very old post, but I just joined so...

It brings up a wish item I would like to have on my '19; quieter option for touch screen entry, etc. I'd love no feedback to be honest. Rear climate "BEEP"? Why? I know it changed to rear climate as now the rear climate shows! Yes, it's turned down all the way. Just wish all the way went lower.