Random activation of Alarm, interior lights, and Driver's Door Aja

My 2004 Chevrolet Silverado Z71 extended cab truck will randomly set off the alarm when sitting with the doors locked. It will also randomly post a drivers door ajar message while driving even though the door is shut and latched. Also sometime the radio will not shut off when the key is pulled. It will also do the key in ignition chime when the truck is off and the drivers door is closed. Sometimes the interior lights will not extinguish when the doors are closed. It appears to me that it must be related to the drivers door latch switch but I can't seem to find anything online as to how to troubleshoot the switch. I suspect the switch is bad in the door latch or else the wiring is broken from the door to the body from years of opening and closing the door. If anybody has pointers/schematics as to how to troubleshoot it I would appreciate it.

Oh no i've heard about this before. Do a little google search on this. It could be a toasted bcm, bad grounds, bad sensors, or a short. First open / slam shut all the doors hard. Mine did this once and that fixed it good. You really need to have the dealer scan the codes. But it might be a switch/door latch lets eliminate the easy stuff first

Archived