Wireless charging decal removal

A recent thread reminded me of a question I've been meaning to post...

Has anyone removed (or attempted to remove) the wireless charging decal on the center console (see pic circled in orange).

I don't need to be reminded of the charging functionality or which way to turn my phone every time I get into the truck.

I'd hate to try to peel/scrape it or use goof off, etc and find out it's embedded or looks worse once removed.

Any removal victory tales / pictures or horror stories?

post-161721-0-03014000-1506561165_thumb.png

Edited by dave_clt

A recent thread reminded me of a question I've been meaning to post...

Has anyone removed (or attempted to remove) the wireless charging decal on the center console (see pic circled in orange).

I don't need to be reminded of the charging functionality or which way to turn my phone every time I get into the truck.

I'd hate to try to peel/scrape it or use goof off, etc and find out it's embedded or looks worse once removed.

Any removal victory tales / pictures or horror stories?

your phone actually works with the charger? What phone do you have? heard so many saying the charger is pretty much useless or if it does charge it's super slow? my s7 won't work at all really. every once in a while it will connect and charge

your phone actually works with the charger? What phone do you have? heard so many saying the charger is pretty much useless or if it does charge it's super slow? my s7 won't work at all really. every once in a while it will connect and charge

I did a write up. 14 silverado i added my own charger and my wifes 15 vurb i swappedout iut the factory charger. I have a s7

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Not at all (iPhone) - another reason I want to remove or (now with great idea above) cover up the decal. Useless to me.

• 2 years later...
On 9/27/2017 at 8:25 PM, HoosierZ said:

I covered mine with matte black vinyl.

Good idea.  Would you happen to have pictures of how this turned out? Any recommendations as to what type or how to adhere it? Just got a 2018, newest truck I've ever owned.  Love the feature, but that sticker drives me crazy.