1SLOW1500's Turbo truck build

1SLOW1500

On 10/30/2018 at 4:54 AM, Trigger man said:

That is a great looking bumper, I work at a large Chevy collision center and was totally clueless that they even made that guy.Iv'e never run across one. Wish I would have got on this site before I started on my build.

It was only avaliable on the 2014 gmc Allterrain. so you dont see them very much if any at all

• Like 1

OK 1SLOW, I just got done with your entire build thread. Your an ANIMAL! You attack problems that come up without any thought of quit!! Damn son,what is in that beer!!?? Don't know how old you are but the energy level is set to "kick ass take names" all the time. Look forward to seeing some more videos. 

I'm 36 and now these kids are slowing me down a little. 9 month old and a 3 year old. Had a live in nanny, but she had to go help her daughter.
A guy on here messaged me with a TV but I need that and the intake.
Question is am I going to install the lt1 engine next summer, if so cam and what intake?
I desperately need to get working on my Camaro so need to slow down on side projects.
Thanks for the comments.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This reminded me of the post where people said up and down mods void warranty.
Well my truck is at the dealer getting free service. Not one issue. They do only let their senior tech work on it he knows performance trucks better. Also offered a free loaner any new car on the lot.
Service guy wanted my help on his supercharged truck with tune. So we talked a little.
Also got my error code print out. One whole page of it. Even logs when the radio reset. Hahah2e3b0146eca7aab57c420920dc590a5e.jpg

• Like 1

And then just like that truck was fixed. free ride to dealer( loaner offered) free lunch and a wash. Guess the "that will void you warranty" is all just BS.  Still like the Idea of the swap to the LT1-Lt4 electric vacuum pump. More power and more importantly no compromised brakes. As there is a active law suit about this now. Need to get my new springs installed. and have some more parts in the mail. More to come.  

On 11/3/2018 at 8:39 PM, 1SLOW1500 said:

This reminded me of the post where people said up and down mods void warranty.
Well my truck is at the dealer getting free service. Not one issue. They do only let their senior tech work on it he knows performance trucks better. Also offered a free loaner any new car on the lot.
Service guy wanted my help on his supercharged truck with tune. So we talked a little.
Also got my error code print out. One whole page of it. Even logs when the radio reset. Hahah2e3b0146eca7aab57c420920dc590a5e.jpg

what dealer and what kind of work was done?

what dealer and what kind of work was done?
GMC dealer and vacuum pump and all related parts. There is a bulletin on it. To be honest I had the work done because i saw it as their issue to fix but i want to unbolt the pump and run a electric like the Corvette. Safer. If you read the lawsuit you would also.

Ok so it is cold out side and I'm lazy. but got the 11psi bov spring installed, this is rated for the -20hg vacuum. well the idea is the surge noise for the bov will go away. but it didn't, now it is just louder. Scared the shit out of me. for the less than $20 I may try the brown spring. Once the new wastegate spring is in I will turn it up(15psi). This should bring me back to the 600+hp range. I can easily run 14psi but it can get a little spike happy. Meaning just because you see the psi doesn't mean you get it long term in the pull so it isn't safe and not usable.

Oh and I needed yo go back to traction control. I had it set on 1000torque and 400 temp so basically it wasn't doing anything. Stock is -40 and 405torque. 

I like to be as honest as I can in my post. So I'm a idiot. I was having a code for Baro P0106 I did a breakout mod and no change. It was forcing my fuel tables to shift and my idle to jump up to 900-1000RPM. also no remote start. Well it was nothing more than a oversight on the tune by me. I had the map settings wrong. Little one minute fix and a rewrite to the truck and it's great. Boost spikes to 15.1 and even 18.7psi so need to clean that up. Break out is still good as it keeps the baro from seeing the the turbo air. 

We have snow and even some hail here and it spins the tires non stop so I put the traction control setting back to a reasonable number to help. 

I'm running out of fuel now. So injectors, high pressure pump, intake and throttle body is next.However as street tuning is almost impossible in winter I will wait for summer. 

Air bag for the rear and still need the waste gate spring installed but that is it for some time. 

46126175_2220403748196571_2165333270089170944_n.jpg

New toys. Thanks Nasty. Added mull spec 1/4" rubber under the leaf brackets, helps with the squeaking.
Should help launch a little but more for the trailer and car. Car is 3250lb trailer is a 24' enclosed double axle. No idea total weight. Still looking at the TXR Wilwood big brakes in the front.
It is cold out so dont know when I will get to these.
f89f75454ca23583acc114c84170f75b.jpg4bb8dd003099076e783f32a036e3f8f0.jpg0ad7e3f876ca9a26c7b57efab79b3b3d.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

bags are on. I will add a spacer to get more travel and so I can run less are and have better ride quality. they list a 1" but I would like more than that so I emailed them. 

I just spoke to a friend of mine that works for a major race development company. And news is he has a fuel system available that will bolt into my truck that can handle 1000hp+. And the L83 will handle 700rwhp+. It isn't a kit but rather what they put together and tested. 3 fuel pumps, regulator, wiring, new lines, Y fittings to alcohol sensor, and injectors.Line go from tank to HPFP. These are NOT gm(LT4) parts.  

So we will see what happens in the next few months but Now plan is turn it up. As great as this turbo is said to be I say it can't go past mid 700rwhp Even thought they say it is rated at over 1000hp and made 800rwhp on a 5.0 coyote. 

Oh got word(email) gm is sending me a christmas gift. No idea what it is but I been checking the mail. 

• Like 1

At what point do you have to upgrade your cam to one with a bigger fuel lobe?

I’m still learning a lot about cams but I’m unclear as to the relationship between a cam’s fuel lobe and the fuel pump and injectors.

It seems guys who are pushing a lot of boost upgrade the fuel system with no mention of an aftermarket cam. Likewise, I rarely see a recommendation from cam manufacturers to upgrade the fuel system when installing a cam with a larger fuel lobe.