How to organize .mp3 files on SD Card to have MyLink categorize them correctly (i.e. Audiobooks and Podcasts)

Hi folks,

I have a 64 GB SDCard in my 2014 Silverado and I love having music, audiobooks and pocasts on this - especially for long road trips.  I have edited the ID3 tags of the .mp3s for Audiobooks and Podcasts to show "Audiobook" and "Podcast" respectively for the "Genre" field.  When I go to browse, they still don't show up under the Podcast or Audiobook categories (bottom of list under composer, artist, genre, etc).

While I'm able to get "Audiobook" and "Podcast" to show up as a genre when browsing Genre, I'd like the audiobooks to show up under the audiobook category and podcasts to show up under podcasts.

Does anyone know how to do this?  If anyone is unsure what I mean, I'll try to upload a picture later of the "categories" of which I refer.

Thanks!

Gadgetman53

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

On 10/26/2017 at 1:36 PM, 8lugmafia said:

Hmm weird and they all just show up together? Idk... also, I just checked and I don't have an SD card slot

they either stopped in 14 or 15 with the SD card slot in the console. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 2014 with the SD card slot, and I have never been able to figure out the file structure it uses and how the player actually sorts. And I am a fairly competent computer geek.

When my truck was new I called some GM department that supposedly had the support for this system, but they knew less about it than I did. And the manual is worthless. I finally gave up and just throw all the mp3's into the root folder and let it sort things the way it wants to. I'm sure at one time there was a Chinese engineer who designed this system and knew all about it, but apparently no one else does. 

• 1 month later...

I'm just starting to mess with mine and I switched from a SD card to a USB Stick, seems to be more accepting of the USB. I'm messing with file structure now. I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

Archived